the fight uncovered

Aly's POV

Max walked out into the hallway and I sat there and waited, there voices we're muffled no matter how much I inched toward the door. The door opened and I heard Lyndsey's click clacking heels walk down the marble steps and out the door. Max stood there, is face showed no emotion. It looked like he was in pain but was doing all he could not to show it.
"Max?"
"She decided she wanted to take a break and we'd talk about it in a few days."
"I'm so sor-" I started but was cut off by Max.
"She thinks I like you more then her. She's jealous and she left."
"Max..."
"Al I really like her... how can I show her I care?"
" Max I really don't think I can help you here... I don't know her too well."
"No you two seem to have a problem. What is it?" Max said, this wasn't a question, he was commanding me to tell him.
"Max... I would really rather not-"
"Aly what is with you?! Why can't you tell me! You know sometimes-" He stopped himself when he realized his hand was raised and my eyes had grown big because I was so scared. Max stopped, his blue eyes softening in realization. He started to pace. Then in a minute he spoke up.
"Aw Al I'm sorry... I didn't mean to do that. I just...I'm just really stressed."
I nodded.
"Max don't worry about it, it's okay."
"But it's not." He said holding my shoulders and stared at me in the eye. "Was she telling the truth?"
"About?"
"About that you like me and I like you and..and.."
"Max relax, we're just friends. Right?" I asked tilting my head slightly.
"Ye-yeah..." He said I thought his eyes drop to my lips then he let go of me and stepped back a bit.
"I should go.."
"Meet me at the fair later?" He asked
"Yeah sure." I texted my brother Roy and he told me he'd come pick me up. "I'll meet you there, Roy will drop me off."
"Kay sounds good." Said Max nodding. I grabbed my backpack and I was heading out, Max grabbed my shoulder and turned me around and hugged me. "Thanks again, for helping out at the fair." A genuine smile flashed on his face and I smiled back.
"No problem." I hoped down the stairs two by two and jumped into Roy's car letting out a breath of air I didn't even know I was holding.
"Hey." I greeted to Roy. My brothers car was already off so I waited for him to turn it on.  But the car stayed turned off.
"What happened?" Roy asked cautiously. He knew that I like Max and the way I came into the car,  makes sense he would be confused.
"Nothing really..."
"Oh come on Aly you don't really think I, of people, would believe that."
I sighed, knowing Roy was right.
"Lynseys walked in on Max and I laughing on the floor hysterically."
"And?"
"And... I was kinda lying on him and she flipped out and talked to Max in the hallway and told him they need to take a break until he knows what is up with me and him." Silence. Roy was silent as he heard my speech and when I finished all he did was stare forward. He reached for the key in the ignition then put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway. "What should I do?"
"There's not much you can do."
"Roy! Your supposed to be the wise older brother!"
"I'm in a community college, you don't get to wise from that."
"Roy!"
"Kidding,  kidding!" Roy yelled over me chuckling. "So your going to a fair with Max later?"
"Yep."
"Good luck."

picture on the side of Max! :) so gorgeous <3