chapter one

There are comments from 2016, from when I started this book. They may not make sense since I changed how I wrote them back in 2019. Felt as though I should say that.

Also, if you find mistakes, please don't be afraid to point them out. I'll try to fix it whenever I have time. 

Kindness POV.

Three years.

Twenty days.

Lots of hours.

This is how long I've been with Jimmy. With every home that I go to, things get worse and worse. Homelessness would be a better option. It is the better option. I should run away.

I did run away.

Two times.

Each time I was at a different home...

...but they found me.

They brought me back.

They won't listen.

They wouldn't try to understand.

They say if I leave again, I'll be sent to juvenile something... I wasn't paying attention. I should have. My rap sheet is very long, and I'm already labeled a bad kid.

One more mistake, and I'm gone for good.

You would think that's a good thing.

I was thrilled...

...but I found out that place is way worst than my current predicament.

I cannot wait until I'm old enough to escape this hell hole. Just a few more months and I'm out...

I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin was beet red. I sat down in the shower and stared blankly at the shower head.

I hate people.
They hate you too.
I hate life.
Life hates you too.
I hate myself.
Everyone hates you too.

The water was getting cold. My fingers were wrinkly. Are you ready to get out?

No. Yes. No.

I stayed a little longer. I wasn't in any rush... there was a bang on the door.

"Hurry up before I drag you out of there!" He'll have to break down the door first, hence it's locked. I chucked.

Without replying, I got out of the shower and ended up staring at myself in the mirror for about fifteen minutes. As I said, I wasn't in any rush. I looked into the mirror and glared at my appearance.

I'm a toast almond color, with a scare running through my eyeball. I have dull-brown eyes; a skinny frame; damaged, inch past my shoulder-length hair, and I'm 5'7.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"What is taking you so got dam long?! Hurry the hell up!" I rolled my eyes and slowly began to dry off. As I said, I'm not in a hurry. I put on my clothes and place my hand on the knob.

Are you ready to walk out? No. Yes. No. Yes. I walked out into the hallway.

He was standing there... angrily.