Chapter Eighteen: Tales Of The Dead

Status: Not edited.

My lip was busted and bloody, my limbs were caked with blood and I was trying to blink back dizziness. I sat on the bed, twiddling my thumbs, doing pretty much anything to keep myself from drifting into the darkness when Emerson walked into the room. Blake walks in besides him, but leans against the wall as he studies me. "How'd you get out?" he asks.

I shrug, "I beat up my guards." Correction, I shot them. But Emerson doesn't need to know that.

Emerson chuckles and shakes his head, but then he frowns. "Wait, where's Salvatore? I thought you said he gave up." 

I clear my throat and look away, "He-he played the bait." Silence encompassed the room. I hear a sob break free and see Emerson look the other way as his features scrunch up in pain, tears fill his eyes and I look away.

I have cried all my tears, now I'm just numb.

"Wh-why?" Blake stammers out and I look at him. Blake looks like he's on the verge of tears but he's holding back. I look away and stare out the windows, "I-I don't know." "Breathe," a voice speaks in my mind and I straighten. There it is, it's back again.

Am I going mad?

"How long have you been running?" Emerson asks me between tears. "Almost a month, really," I reply, "My mum knew a couple of people so..."

Emerson nods and wipes the tears, he hates having people watch him cry. Weakness terrifies him. After today, I'll never see him cry.

"We have to make some changes. And here's the first one, we had one ready for Salvatore too but," Emerson tells me as he hands me a sheet, "umh, just read that." 

And on the title of the sheet are the words:

Name: Vivanna Des Chanel.

Status: Living. 

Personality: Sweet, outgoing and social. 

Physical appearance: Black hair, brown eyes.  

I looked up at him with a slight grin, "This is fucking perfect." 

~

Everyone sat in one of Leon's mansion's living room, staring at Vivanna expectantly.  She peered at all of them from beneath her eyelashes, feeling dread curl in her stomach. She knew she had to do this but just wished she didn't. 

Harry had come into the room before Vivanna could say anything. He'd said that Rhonda and Thalia were demanding answers, and refused to cooperate until they got some. Apparently it was Vivanna's duty to began the introduction of their life story to Leon, Rhonda and Thalia. 

Blake had tried to toss an arm around Thalia's shoulder but she had hit him and shrugged it off. Rhonda wouldn't even stand close to Harry. "I hate liars," she had said as an explanation. Harry looked hurt but nodded. Vivanna caught the flash of regret and sorrow that streaked past Rhonda's eyes, and felt herself panic. 

What if they did that to her too? After all, she was a liar. 

"Ahem," Vivanna cleared her throat, "Umh, well, where do I start?"  Thalia and Rhonda shot questions at her, when Blake suddenly said, "Tell them the story." 

Vivanna looked towards Blake, "What?"

"Tell them the story, about Luciano and Rozamaria." 

Vivanna nodded and looked at the three people she had dragged into the mess, "Sit tight," she said, "It's going to be a long story. Blake bring out the diary."