Chapter 20

Trey's POV

I walked into my room after my training with Dean Lucia. He had started me on some basic defense spells today.

The verdict?

He was able to kick my ass in the span of three seconds.

I really needed to improve on my magic.

I opened the door, rubbing my lower back. I was so damn sore. All I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to bed.

The lights were off in the room, so I assumed Lance was already asleep. I tripped over some clothes on the ground and cursed quietly. Lance was really a pig. I made a mental note to talk to him about cleaning up once in a while in the morning.

I reached my bedside lamp and flipped it on to illuminate my side of the room. The little light shouldn't bother him; he was a deep sleeper after all. Even so, I glanced up to make sure I didn't disturb him. When I did, my eyes widened.

Shit.

Those weren't Lance's clothes on the ground. They were Abbey's.

Horrified, I looked away, my heart pounding in my chest. I felt like I had just purposefully invaded my roommates privacy.

Then I cursed him internally.

The idiot. He should have left a sign on the door or something.

Grumbling to myself, I checked my phone. Caley had sent a few texts telling me she was bored and missed me. The last one said not to go into my room because Lance and Abbey were at it. I shook my head. I should have brought my phone with me.

Sighing, I grabbed my towel and a pair of sweats and jumped in the bathroom to take a quick shower. Then I left the room, whispering Lumina Non, on the way out to shut the lights off. I walked out into the crisp night air to Caley's dorm building.

I made my way up to Caley's room. If her roommate was asleep with mine, then I guess I would sleep with her.

When I got to her room, I was about to knock, but then I thought better of it. What if she was already asleep?

Of course she was asleep. It was two in the morning.

I whispered the spell to unlock doors and slipped inside. Unsurprisingly, Caley was in her bed, fast asleep.

I stood for a moment, just looking at her. I felt kind of odd, watching her sleep, and wondered vaguely if this is how Edward Cullen felt when he stared at Bella as she slept. Immediately as that thought ran through my mind, I obliterated it. Damn, I was really tired. I was making freaking Twilight references.

But even so, she looked absolutely beautiful, even in her sleep. She had left the curtains folded back, the window propped open just an inch to keep the air flowing in the room. From the window outside, a sliver of the moon shone on her face, illuminating it just a bit. But it was enough to give her an almost goddess-like glow.

I smiled to myself and slowly went up to her. I reached out and brushed her hair back gently, caressing her cheeks softly with the back of my fingers. I guess I wasn't gentle enough, or she was a really light sleeper, because she stirred and opened her eyes.

I was struck by how blue they looked in the moonlight, like glittering precious gems.

"Trey?" she asked, slightly confused. I smiled at her.