Chapter 15

Trinity University of Magic was enormous, there was no doubt about that.

The main University building seemed to be built long ago. It was located somewhere in the mountains of France, overlooking the sea because it was so high up. The architecture seemed like it could have been from the Renaissance or perhaps even from the medieval ages. It had a very gothic style to it with its flying buttresses, tall spires, and vertical arches. There were tall stained glass and transperant windows everywhere. It was really quite beautiful and I was a little taken aback by it.

I passed the main building, which primarily held classrooms and made my way around to the back, where the dorm buildings were located. There were three different buildings, each named after a founder of the original Trinity University of Magic: Romano, Rossi, and Rizzo. They were a trio of friends that had come together long ago with a common wish: to build a place in which students could learn and acquire knowledge of magic in a safe and protected environment. Rossi was a water master. He had been one of my earliest ancestors.

"Caley!" I heard a voice call out as I walked towards Rossi House. I turned to see Lance walking up to me, dragging his bags along with him.

"Lance!" I exclaimed, feeling a smile creep up onto my lips. I had to admit, when I saw him, I realized how much I missed him and his slight dorkiness. When he got to me, he dropped his bags and embraced me in a tight bear hug. I laughed and smacked his back with my hand, trying to pry him off. He pulled away, grinning goofily.

"How are you? How was summer?" he asked.

"I'm well. I'm excited to finally be at University. And summer was...pretty boring actually," I said.

"That's not what I heard," he said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes at him and shoved him to the side as he laughed at my burning cheeks.

"You're such an incredible loser," I told him.

"Yeah, but that's what makes me fun to be around," he replied.

"How was your vacation?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"It was all right. Best part was going to California," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Did you have fun at Abbey's house?" I asked, smirking at him.

"Oh, I had a lot of fun," he said, giving me another wink. I felt my jaw drop.

"You guys didn't..." I said in disbelief.

"We did," he replied, nodding. My eyes widened.

"I can't believe she didn't tell me!" I exclaimed.

"I think she wanted to tell you in person," he said.

"That's a big step," I told him. He shrugged.

"I think we were both ready," he said. I nodded. And then I punched him in the arm. "OW!! What the hell, Caley?!" he shouted.

"I can't believe YOU didn't tell me!" I said. He glared at me, rubbing his arm.

"Well, it's not really something I'd like to discuss with you, you crazy moron," he snapped. I glared back at him and then pinched his nose. He slapped my hand away. "When did you get so violent?" he hissed.

My mind immediately went to the intense training sessions I had had over the course of the summer. Of course I was more powerful now. Gerrard had been my personal trainer. I was so in shape, I was pretty sure I could live to be over a hundred.

"Honestly, I'm surprised you and Trey haven't done it yet," he said. I felt my cheeks blaze with color and I shifted uncomfortably on my feet.

"Shut up," I mumbled.