XXII-Promise

NPOV:
I heard the bedroom door open and someone step inside.

"Go away, Hazel!"

They approached me slowly.

"Nico, it's me."

I knew that voice. Will?

I turned and gasped. I stared at him for a moment, trying to process that he was alive. I tackled him in a hug.

"Will! You-You're alive!"

He laughed at my surprise.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"How? I thought she k-killed you." I asked.

He shook his head.

"Lou Ellen found me and then brought me here to see you." He informed me.

"Really?"

He nodded. We sat in silence for a moment before he asked the question we both needed to know.

"So what happens now?"

I shook my head, wondering the same thing.

"I don't-I don't know. I guess that you go back to he castle and I-" Will stopped me.

"Nico, I'm not going to the castle. Not without you, and you could get hurt there."

"Will you have to. That's where your parents and friends are. That's where your life is, Will. I can't keep you from it. Maybe one day I can go back but Will-I had a panic attack just seeing your father." I argued.

Will bit his lip.

"Then I guess I'm not going back."

"Will, you have to."

"No. I'm staying with you."

I bit the inside of my cheek trying desperately to think of something that would convince him to leave me behind. A light went off in my head.

"If you don't go back to the castle, I'll go there myself." I threatened.

Will's jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"No, no you wouldn't."

I looked him dead in the eye.

"Try me." I challenged.

His eyes started getting watery.

"No, Nico, they'll hurt you. You-you can't." He begged.

"You have to get back to your life. Without me." I told him.

"I did! I lived without you for over two years and it tore me apart, Nico! I can't do it again!"
My heart sank. I couldn't tell him that it tore me apart, too. You don't want me here..." He whispered.

"Will, I care about you too much to let myself be the cause of your not returning to a normal life."

"Nico, I don't want a normal life if it means a life without you..." He whimpered.