XVIII-Kind of a Filler but Still Good

NPOV:
Will wrapped an arm around me protectively.

"Well, now I'll help you get through them, okay? We'll get through this together."

My heart stopped.

He said it. The thing I wanted him to say the most before I left, 'We'll get through this together'. I looked up at him with watery eyes.

"Nico, what's wrong?" Will asked worriedly.

I blinked away my tears and silently cursed myself for showing him how I felt.

You need to stop this. He kidnapped you. You were happy with Hazel, or at least content. Now who knows if you'll ever see her again. You can't be okay with this!

But he said that could help me with my panic attacks.

He won't, though! He's lying!

Why would he lie?

This way you'll start to trust him. It'll make killing you or throwing you in the dungeons that much easier.

My eyes widened at the thought of the dungeons.

"Nico? Look at me." He pleaded.

I reluctantly met his gaze.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

I couldn't do it. I melted. I needed someone to hold me and Will was more than willing to.

"I'm scared." I admitted.

I was embarrassed. I wasn't a little kid anymore. I was an adult and I had just admitted that I was scared. He looked at me with pity.

"It's alright Nico. I'll protect you. I promised, remember?" He said with a smile.

I nodded and couldn't help but smile back.

"Mh-hmm." I said, becoming woozy once again.

He bent down and gave me a light peck on the forehead. Immediately my face burned and my eyes fluttered shut.

When I opened my eyes again, it was dark. My heart started to beat faster and my hands stared to shake. I was about to cry out when a dim light came on and Will walked in.

"Oh good, your awake."

Then he noticed my expression.

"Are you alright? You look sca-" he stopped,"Are you still afraid of the dark?"

I looked away, ashamed.

"I, uh, no..." I stumbled over my words.

Will took a few steps closer and put a warm hand on my forehead.

"Hey, it's alright. Nico, look at me. It's okay."

Tears welled up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Will."

He tilted his head to the side.

"Why are apologizing? It's okay. I just can't expose you to too much light, since you have a concussion."

"I do?"

He nodded meekly.

"And a shattered knee. And a broken ankle." He added.

I closed my eyes and he rubbed my long hair away from my face.

"I don't get it. Why are you taking care of me? Why did you search for me? I'm worthless and ugly. You're priceless and beautiful. You deserve so much better than me. I'm a waste of your time. I wish you never met me."

I opened my eyes and looked into Will's bright blue ones. He looked devastated. I closed my eyes again.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled softly.

"Oh no, darling, no. You aren't worthless or ugly. You're so beautiful, Nico. You aren't a waste of my time. I'm so glad I met you, Nico."

I didn't respond. I felt him put one hand under my head and the other under my back and gently lift me into a sitting position. I opened my eyes and he sat down next to me, gently laying my head down on his chest. I listened to his even heartbeat and breathing, gently drifting off to sleep.

"I love you, Nico."

My eyes fluttered shut and he planted a soft kiss on my nose with a small chuckle.

"Goodnight, Nico."

Word count: 612