Chapter 8

Nico's point of view

It's been two days since I've been in the hospital. Everyone came by to see me. Will has been saying with me and won't leave.

"Will, go home, I'll be fine." I say pushing him off me.

"No. I'm staying with you until yo get released." He says kissing my cheek.

"Will you at least get me some food?" I ask.

"Sure. I'll be right back." He says leaving the room.

I pull out the book that Will brought me. I read until I hear a knock on the door.

"Will, why are you knocking?" I ask him not looking up.

"Because it's not Will." A deep voice said.

I look up in a panic to see my father and Persephone standing next to him.

Persephone pushes past my father and gives me a big hug. "Oh my god! Nico I'm so sorry this happened to you! I should have been there for you!"

"Persephone it's ok." I say hugging her back.

"No it's not ok! You were beat up then you go and cut! I thought you stopped that!" She yells.

"It was the stress and the bullies." I say tears coming down my face.

"Oh, honey don't cry." She says wiping the tears off my face. I give her a small laugh.

I look to my father and notice he's talking to a doctor. He finishes up and comes back inside.

"Doctor said I can take you home tomorrow." He said putting a hand on Persephone's shoulder.

"What! No I'm not going anywhere with you!" I yell at my father.

"Yes you are!" He yells at me. "You are my son and you will do what I say!"

"Persephone leave the room." He says.

"Why?" She ask.

"Because I said! Go find Will or something." He says.

She looks at him and then to me and reluctantly left the room.

"Now you listen hear you fag." He said pointing his finger in my face. "I'm only letting you back in the house to please Persephone! If it were up to me I'd let you stay at Will's house!"

"No I'm going with Will tomorrow and you ca-"I was cut off by a hand slapping me across the face. I felt tears building up in my eyes.

"What the hell you sick fuck!" Will said running up beside me.

"Doctors, security!" I hear Persephone yell.

Doctors and security guards run in the room.

"Get this man out of here! He hit my stepson!" Persephone said pointing to my father.

The guards dragged my father out of the room and the doctors began to check to make everything was fine. They soon left leaving Will and Persephone with me.