8

- Friday, September 1 -
Tez, Nash, Hayes and I were in the backyard around the camp fire Nash made.
"Oh god can you two take a break from each other?" Nash asked.
"They always do that." Tez said.
"Yo! Guys!" Nash yelled. Me and Hayes pulled away from each other. Our kiss kinda took off haha.
"Sorry bro. Kinda didn't realize where we were.." Hayes said scratching the back of his neck. I hide my blush in Hayes neck while I was sat on his lap. His hand moved back and forth on my thigh.
"I'll be right back." I said and walked inside.
"Need any help?" I asked Meg.
"Sure." She smiled at me.
"I seen that by the way. I thought you hated PDA." She laughed.
"I dont know, just got caught in the moment I guess." I said.
"Wait, sh!" She said. We both listened to the guys' conversation.
"What are y'all doing? Those girls in there are great, but we're leaving next Friday." Tez said.
"I mean, I know you and Meg could work it out with yall being adults now but Hayes, bro. What do you thinks gonna happen?" Tez asked.
"What do you mean? We're gonna make it work." Hayes said.
"Bro, you're life and hers are so different. She's going to college at 16 and trying to get a job, while your doing tv shows, movies, homeschool, and other shit." Tez said.
"Yea, Tez is right. Did y'all even talk about that?" Nash asked.
"Nah man, I didn't want to bring it up. I guess I thought If it never came up it didn't have to happen." Hayes said.
"What do you think will happen?" Nash asked.
"I dont even know. It's gonna be tough." Hayes said.
"Do you think it'll last with how busy you're both gonna be?" Nash asked.
"Damn, I didn't even think of that." Hayes said.

I looked up at Meg teary eyed. She have gave me an apologetic look. I shook my head and walked out the front door. I got in my car and sat in the driveway.
I got a call from my friend Rose.
"Hey Liz, what's up?" She said.
"Nothing, sitting in my car. What about you?" I asked.
"I'm just going to a party. Wanna come with?" She asked.
"Sure." I said.
"I'll pick you up around 8." She said cheerfully.
"See you then." I said. I smiled and backed out of the driveway and headed to the store. I just went to the party store down the block and grabbed a pop.
"Excuse me, do i know you?" A girl around my age asked me.
"Um sorry I dont think so." I said.
"Oh my god, you're the girl that kissed Hayes Grier!" She yelled.
"Uh.." I said.
"So are you two dating?" She asked.
"I'm sorry you must have the wrong girl." I said. I paid for my pop and drove home.

I went straight upstairs to my room. I looked at the time on my phone, 7:30.
I looked through my closet and found black jeans and a red crop top. I put it on and straightened my hair.
"What are you getting all ready for?" Hayes asked me. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I'm going out." I said putting on mascara.
"What?" Hayes asked confused.
"I'm going out." I repeated myself.
"With who?" He asked.
"A friend." I said.
"Where? Why?" He asked.
"What is this 21 questions?" I said sarcastically.
"No, but why are you going out, I thought you wanted to spend time with me." Hayes said.
"Well we should get used to each other being busy all the time." I snapped.
"Were you listening to my conversation?" He asked.
"It's kinda hard not to when you're all loud and just right out the door." I said.
"Why are you all mad?" He asked.
"I'm Not! I'm going out with my friend to a party without you. If you have a problem with that, tell someone else. I gotta go." I said walking past him.
"No, you're gonna stay here and talk to me." Hayes said pulling me back.
"Don't touch me. And there's nothing to talk about! You're leaving, and we'll probably never see each other again. So before this becomes heart breaking. I'm going to this party to get the fun I've wanted this ENTIRE summer and didn't get because of how 'busy' I was." I said. I walked out the room and down the stairs to Roses car.

"Is there someone who at end of summer has a party each year?" Hayes asked Meg.
"Yea, The Brooks brothers. Why?" Meg said.
"Liz went there and we got into a fight and I don't want her to do anything stupid." Hayes said.
"She doesn't drink or do drugs, you're fine." Meg said.
"That's not what I'm talking about." Hayes said sternly.
"Oh! Ok, come on!" Meg said.
"Come on guys!" Meg yelled. The four pilled into the car and drove to the party.

I was with rose in the living room dancing when I saw Tez.
"What are you doing here Liz?" Tez asked me.
"Trying to enjoy the last day of summer, why are you here?" I asked.
"Hayes told me about the fight. He thinks you're so mad you'll cheat on him." Tez said.
"Are you kidding me? We just got in a fight. And I wanted to get out and celebrate the end of summer before college." I said. I wasn't even mad at that, I was hurt. Just then, some guy came stumbling by me and spilled his drink on my head. I was about to cry. I felt untrusted and embarrassed.
"Hey Rose, I'm gonna go." I said. She nodded her head and waved bye.
Tez walked in front of me and I followed him to the car.
"Why'd you leave without telling me?" Meg said.
"I forgot." I said blankly.
"What the hell even happened?" Nash asked. I shook my head not wanting to talk. Tez explained. Megan hugged me for comfort.
"There you are. Oh my god what happened?" Hayes said coming up and hugging me. I was on the verge of tears so i stayed quiet. He pulled away from me and looked at me with a confused but worried look. I shook my head.
"Can we go? I'm all sticky." I said. I got in the car and was quiet the whole ride.

"Can we talk?" Hayes said when I walked in my room from my shower.
"Yea." I said quietly.
"What happened at the party?" He asked me when i sat next to him on my bed.
"I was dancing with my friend rose when I saw Tez. He pulled me aside and told me you thought i was mad enough to cheat on you. I was so hurt I was about to cry while I was explaining what happened and some drunk guy spilled his drink on my head." I said.
"Oh." Hayes said.
"Why would you think I would cheat on you?" I asked him.
"Some people drink or smoke the arguement away, and I know thats not you and my mind immidieatly jumped to that." Hayes said.
"But thats not me either." I said.
"I know. I'm sorry." He said.
"I didn't want to fight with you. But I was mad you didn't talk to me about that stuff." I said.
"I know, they reminded me of it, and I never really realized how busy we're gonna be." He said.
"I didn't tell you this but, I talked to my parents and my counselor and they thought it would be best for me to take a year off school." I said.
"But that doesn't help how busy I'll be." Hayes said.
"You dont understand what I'm saying Hayes. I'm taking a year off. That means I'll be free when you visit, or I can come visit when Meg does." I said.
"Well yea that helps. But I want to be with you more than that." Hayes said.
"For now, let's just start with that. We can figure out the rest later." I said.
"I don't want to loose you Liz." Hayes said.
"You wont." I said.