Chapter Sixteen

NINA sucked her breathe when she saw Neil's face just an inch away from hers. He was fast asleep, making a subtle snoring sound which she found somewhat cute. She then took a quick glimpse at the window. A striking color of orange light up the dark sky, a dawnbreak.

A new beginning.

Her eyes went back to Neil's sleeping face. A tender smile formed on her lips as her eyes focused on his slightly parted ones. Those lips that said words that crushed her one second but passionately kissed her next.

She sensed him mad, forceful, begging then went soothing when he kissed her. The warmth of his lips, the way his lips move on hers and how his tongue seek entry on hers. Never did in her wildest dreams that Neil could do that intense scene between them.

Though she admittedly liked it, after all Neil was one mysterious guy with a lot to offer. Her smile went wider when thoughts of the events last night came to her mind.

What happened between them confirmed every emotion she kept to herself for a long time. Every kiss and touch he made took care of her worries and doubts. When they became one, that lone feeling that kept herself intact from all the possibilities she shooed away flew out of the window.

Thus, finally sealing their marriage that was unwanted before. Making her realize that feeling she had for Neil, all this time.

She love him.

But, why do he want to annul their marriage?

The question that bugged her when her thoughts went to a halt, with Neil's hand as the culprit. She felt it trailing its way on her waist before pulling her closer to his body. Imprisoning her in his embrace that seemed to promise her of not letting go with its warmth. Her leaning to his broad chest, making her feel every beat of his heart calming her from a new-found worry that might break her own. His breathe fanning on her head that seemed to blew away whatever unwanted thoughts running inside her mind.

"Go back to sleep, Nina." She heard Neil said hoarsely which made her look up to his face. His sleepy eyes looked back at her. Her cheeks warmed when she felt his hand massaging her thigh, "I hurt you down here."

"Neil, about the ann-"

"We'll talk about that when you wake up. Just sleep wife." He said and kissed her forehead.

I love you Neil.

Nina closed her eyes as she embraced back. She, above all, wanted to cherish this moment.

With just the two of them.

"MA-MA," was the word that sent a different kind of glee in Nina's heart. Something that had not crossed her for the past years.

She went home to San Isidro for summer vacation. A year more and she'd finally earn her Doctorate degree. She would then reside in their town for good. She even plans to apply for a teaching job at their community college. She would then marry Enrico and raise kids.

But some of that would just remain as her dream, the other would never come true.

"Hear that Gerry?" she heard Mariella teasing her husband. A frown on the latter's face triggered fits of laughter.

"How about you Nina?" was the question that stopped her. She saw Mariella elbowing her husband.

She gave a faint smile before she shook her head.

"Little Gerry's sleepy, Mahal. Could you take him to the crib please," her best friend said before handing the baby to her husband. Mariella then attended to her.