12

"Salamander?" Natsu stepped back a little, his eyes clouded with confusion and surprise, "How did'ya know that I'm called that? I never told you."

"Take these stones." Mr. Hikari ignored Natsu's question, continuing on with his statement. "Give the keystone to your closest companion. When you're in battle with a foe, the bond you share with the one who holds the keystone will trigger the Mega Evoluion. So choose whom to give it to wisely." The Ampharos smiled, reaching into the drawers of his front desk to produce two silver chains. "Put the stones in these, and wear them around your neck, so they will always be with you." Mr. Hikari walked over to where Ariana stood, leaving the dumbfounded Natsu holding the chains and stones. "Miss Ariana, where are you headed off to now?"

She shrugged, "My home I suppose. We all have a lot of training to do before we can take on Frostbite.... Although, we still have to find out information on them, do research in the library... ask around town..." Ariana trailed off.

"Well, I have an idea for you lot." Mr. Hikari beamed, "Remember Shard? Well him and the Mrs. moved out to a little farm a little ways out of town. It's a nice place, with fields for training if y'all want. It's in walking distance from the city, so it'd be easier to head into Starstreak whenever y'all need. I'm sure Shard wouldn't mind if you all stay."

"Excellent idea." Ariana stated simply, her eyes sparkling. "I would love to see him and Anne again! Does that sound okay to you guys?"

"Absolutely." Erza smiled.

"Lets go then." Ariana nodded politely at Mr. Hikari, "I'm grateful for your help, you've always been so kind to my family and I."

"How could I not spoil a Pokemon as sweet as you? Now, get along now. Shards place is a large red house directly south of here, you can't miss it." Mr. Hikari smiled, opening the door as the large group exited his shop. As they started to make their way down the street, Mr. Hikari spoke up again. "Oh and, Salamander, remember. Choose who you give the keystone to wisely, or else my gift will not be of any benefit to you!"

Natsu nodded slowly, before following behind the others near the back of the group.

The sun shone brightly in the morning sky, and Gray, Lucy and Erza took the lead of the group as they walked towards their destination. Gray cast a look back at Natsu, who was trailing behind the others, thoughtfully examining the two stones. "He's so dense. I can't believe he hasn't figured out who he's gonna give the other stone to." He stated, gesturing towards Lucy as he snorted out his sarcastic comment.

"Me?" Lucy looked shocked, and Erza just chuckled.

"You don't exactly have the moral high ground on density." Erza stated simply, and when Gray looked confused, she pointed her ribbons to another guildmate who was trailing behind slowly. Juvia stared at the ground from her place in the back, her long tail dragging the ground as she slowly padded ahead.

"You're kidding." He grumbled, and when Erza gave him a dirty look, her snapped another comment. "Fine." Gray grimaced, as he began slowing down to keep pace with the Water Mage, who looked absolutely delighted that he decided to even walk with her. Gray made a mental note to be a bit nicer to her in the future.

It was a half an hour walk until the buildings started to become scarce, and rows of fields came into the view of the travelers, and in the not to far distance a large red house could be seen. Ariana, who had eventually taken her place in the front of the other Pokemon, had visibly brightened once the house had gotten into view. Mr. Hikari was right; the walk wasn't too long at all.

Ariana insisted, with eagerness in her voice, that everyone speed up to get to Shard's house faster. The others agreed, and when the group finally reached the front gates of the country home, Ariana was nearly bursting with excitement. The place was nice, with massive fields of wild grasses and sparse trees behind the beautiful wooden farm house. Pink cow-like Pokemon that Ariana called Miltank wandered the open fields, not fenced in like normal Earthland cows. The Flygon wasted little time getting to the front porch and knocking on the white wooden door, which opened after a short delay to reveal the figure of a beautiful serpent with blue scales.

"Anne!" Ariana launched herself at the beautiful Pokemon, enveloping her in a hug and catching her by surprise.

"Ariana, my dear, I haven't seen you in ages!" Anne replied in a sweet voice, nuzzling her head against Ariana's affectionately. "Oh, Shard! Come to the door!" She called inside, and the group heard deep footsteps from inside. The dark gray shape of Dragon like being stood in front of the Mages now, his huge frame casting dark, long shadows. His menacing appearance didn't faze Ariana, as she once again flung herself at the stranger to hug him happily.

"Why, if it isn't Miss Franklin, here in the flesh!" The gruff but friendly voice of the massive Pokemon chuckled, hugging her back with a smile. "I haven't seen you in forever. And who are these Pokemon accompanying you?"

Ariana pulled back, an awkward smile on her face. "I know this might sound crazy, but um, they aren't exactly from here. Like, from this world."

The two strangers exchanged confused glances before the large beast, Shard, shook his head and chuckled. "This sounds like that crazy talk that old Thomas Hikari mumbles about, but I have no reason to doubt you." He patted Ariana's head affectionately. "It's just so good to see you kiddo, so what brings you to my little place out here?"

"I'll explain all that later, why don't we do some introductions for now." Ariana stated.

He nodded and stepped around the Flygon, standing in front of the group. "Alright then. The name's Shard Cunningham, and this is my wife Anne. I suppose since you ain't from here, I should tell ya my species too. I'm a Garchomp, and Anne's a Dragonair." Before any of the Wizards had a chance to talk again, Shard opened the door wide and spoke again, "Now come on in, I bet you all have a great story to tell."

(To be continued...)