Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Selena’s POV:

“I get to hang out with Justin today; I get to hang out with Justin today.” Kaylie skipped around the kitchen island singing causing me to shake my head laughing.

“Papa, guess what!” Kaylie exclaimed, to my dad with excitement as he was coming down the stairs dressed for work. She ran to him and he picked her up.

“Mhmm, what?” He asked adjusting Kaylie on his left hip.

“No!!” Kaylie said, shaking her head. “Papa, you have to guess.” Kaylie said.

“Oh. Um, you’re going job hunting with your mama?” Brian laughed. My dad did know where she was really going, because I talked to him and my mom last night about it. They were on the fence about it, asking if I thought if Justin might figure it out. I told them if he does, then he does, and if doesn’t, it doesn’t.

Even though for myself, I was hoping Justin wouldn’t figure it out—not right now anyway.

“No! I’m hanging out with Justin today!” Kaylie said excitedly.

Ever since we got home yesterday after lunch with Justin and up to this point, Kaylie has talked non-stop about hanging out with Justin. She must have grown to like Justin quickly. Even quicker then she did with Mason.

“I’m glad you’re happy to hang with Justin.” My dad chuckled.

“Yeah me too.” I laughed as I put the last of the dishes in the dish washer.

My mom came down the stairs in a pencil skirt, and a white button up blouse that was tucked in, paired with some red pumps.

“Well we should get going to work.” My mom said, speaking to Brian.

“I’m sorry ya’ll have to share a car. I promise when I get everything straight ya’ll can have the BMW back so I can buy me a car.” I said feeling guilty.

“Hon, me and your dad have told you a million times not to worry about it.” My mom said coming towards me giving me a kiss on the forehead. “Good luck today.” She said.

Then she walked over to my dad. “And you behave over Justin’s and have fun.” She chuckled kissing Kaylie on her cheek.

My dad put Kaylie down after also giving her a kiss on the cheek, and then walked over to me kissing my forehead. “Good luck.” He whispered.

“Thanks dad.” I smiled hugging him and he hugged back.

My dad let go, and him and my mom walked out the house and off to work. I looked up at the wall clock that was hanging from the kitchen wall and saw it was 8:38 am.

“Alright Kaylie, I’ll go get dressed first and then I’ll get you ready.” I said to her.

“Why can’t I get ready first?”

“Because I’ve learned from that. It’s so you won’t rush me.” I chuckled. “How about you go pick out your outfit and then I’ll get you ready.” I said and she nodded her head.

We both walked up stairs to our bedrooms going our separate ways. Luckily Kaylie’s bedroom was right next to mine.

I walked into my room and went straight to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I turned on the shower water making sure the temperature was just right then got in and began washing my body and hair.