Maxi

It was moments like these that proved me life was worth living. (y/n) and I had been together for 4 years, and married for 1. We had planned on getting married quicker after our first year together but (y/n) got pregnant. It wasn’t some rushed decision, that’s only how it appears, but I wanted to marry her from the minute I saw her.

We could’ve been a proper family, but after two months of planning, shopping and painting the nursery, disaster struck. I remember hearing a scream coming from upstairs, and I prayed that her and the baby would be okay. But they weren’t. A red liquid oozed onto the cream carpet and I knew that our baby was gone. A lump formed in my throat, the only evidence of our child existing was now on the floor , there wasn’t even a bump to hold anymore. I held (y/n) under the shower as she sobbed, washing her clean and telling her to let it all out. I never took my own advice, but when I held her close in bed and the tears finally stopped from falling, it was now my turn to cry. I never cried as much in my life as I did there, with my arms wrapped tightly around her.

The wedding took place two years later. But now, here we were. She told me a few months ago that she was expecting again, and I couldn’t be happier. I’d planned everything out in my head this time, going to doctors appointments on time, buying small amounts of clothes. I didn't want anything to go wrong this time. It had been a calm pregnancy until moments ago, when I heard that too familiar scream that echoed through the house once more, history repeating itself. I hurried up the stairs, only to find her standing still in the soon to be nursery, with a hand on her stomach. I was confused for a second, until she got closer to me and grabbed my hand, placing it against her stomach. I gasped in shock, was that really my baby?

“(y/n)…” I dropped to my knees as she held a hand to her mouth, tears pouring out of her eyes. I had evidence, a little bump to protect, an actual person that would look like me. I was a daddy & I could prove it. I placed a kiss on (y/n)’s rounded belly and stood up to embrace her. We had waited so long for a perfect moment like this..

Baby Maxwell was coming.