kobi

please play the video on the right! click play now and enjoy!

kobi had been staying in the hospital for a while now and you went over to visit him everyday. He seemed to be recovering great, but you knew kobi, he would never want to worry you about a thing so he kept the situation hidden. He always had a huge smile on his face when he saw you, even though it killed for him to breathe.  it killed you inside to see him in pain, he always was asking how the boys were at work and saying he couldnt wait to get back in the surf, he was being your soldier fighting through the illness as best as he could.

................

“Mrs. graham ?” A nurse called out from the private room. You quickly got up and grabbed your things. “Follow me please.” She smiled at you when she saw you.

She brought you over to kobi’s room even though you didn’t need any help to get there, you knew the way by heart. You visited him every single day, sat down by him even when he was sleeping. The staff working there knew you very well by now, you always bought them presents to thank them for taking such good care of kobi.

“You have a visitor kobi!” The nurse said when she entered the room.

You walked into the room slowly, it killed you to see kobi suffer this much. When he saw you, it seemed that his whole world went better. His eyes sparkled with a glimmer of hope and he managed to give you a big smile, even though he seemed pretty weak.

“I’ll leave the two of you at it.” She said before walking out the room.

You went directly towards him and kissed him on the lips.

“How are you feeling?” You asked once you were done. You sat down in the chair that was right beside the bed.

“I’m feeling way better, thank you for asking.” He looked over at you and smiled. You really hoped that he wasn’t lying. You prayed every night for his pain to vanish, that he would come back home and be with you so that you could live a happy and healthy life by his side. If only god was listening…

“Are you sure? I don’t want you lying to me…” You rested your hand on his, looking at him in the eyes.

“Why wouldn’t I be feeling better? I get to see you everyday, I get to kiss you on the lips all the time, and you are my own sort of medicine.” He grabbed your hand in his and brought it over to his mouth so he could kiss it.

“I hope you’re telling the truth.” You couldn’t help but smile. Even though he was at his weakest, he always thought of you, trying to make you smile and look at the bright side.

“I am, but I am not going to lie, I am really thirsty, mind getting me a cup of water, my love?”

“Of course, I’ll be right back.” You got up and started walking away.

“Wait, are you not forgetting something?” He got your attention, making you turn around.

“Silly me!” You giggled as you went back to kiss him on the lips.

“How could this not cure any human being?”

...............

As you were walking back from the cafeteria, where you went over to get him a whole bottle of water, a nurse walked up to you and called you over to talk. 

“What is it?” You asked, curious about what she had to say. 

“I am deeply sorry to say this, but your husband isn’t healing… His case seems to be getting worst by the minute… I suggest you better start calling your loved ones and ask them to say their goodbyes…”