Step 6: Theme Music

Today was finally friday. Ever since our meeting with Ms. Brunnen we've all been excited. Only one small requirement.

We stay out of trouble as much as possible.

If you're as perplexed as I am, join the club. I mean really, didn't I just say earlier nothing changes over night. Then here she comes waltzing her little butt in expecting us to not get in trouble.

So I gave her a counter offer. One that Mia and I both agreed on. When we finish our work, or whatever, we can listen to music. As simple as that.

Best deal ever.

Ditto Mia. She actually got our teachers to listen to it and agree. Poor Mrs. Fairfeld didn't have to give me detention today. I caught up to Mia at lunch, we both had one earbud in our ears. Sofía and Candace can actually handle themselves they just really don't have a filter. So it's usually Mia and I in detention, although Sofía and Candace just waltz in like they own the place.

Typical.

"Well hey there fellow band members", I stated as I put my lunch on the table.

"What's gucci?"

"This whole day has been gucci! And today we actually get to decide on a song to practice."

Candace beamed with excitement. I smiled. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty excited to, but I can contain.

We started talking about our song choices. There were honestly so many, but punk was definitely the way to go.

"Guys, come on. Green Day has some pretty big hits. You can't go wrong with them."

They were all arguing about what band we should do.

"That's the point. Everyone does Green Day. We have to be different and stand out."

I actually agreed with Candace. We have to stand put more than we already do.

"What about All Time Low. Or maybe even Dark Horizon. Or Bloody Mary."

I started naming bands I was in love with. Well not all of them because let's be honest that would take forever.

But some pretty good ones nonetheless. I ran my hands down my thighs as I thought of songs we could do.

"What about a Punk Goes Pop cover. It would be like a cover of a cover."

"Hey, that's pretty unique. I think. Which one?"

"Rolling in the deep!" I exclaimed. I picked up my brownie and bit into it. "You know. The one by Go Radio." I plucked a chip from Sofía.

"Yea, I love that one."

"Everyone in favor of doing Rolling in the Deep by Adele covered By Go Radio, say aye."

I watched as the other girls raised their hands and said aye.

"Then it's agreed. First official band meeting is today after school."

Personally this one is my fav, but I really like both!

flusteredcheeks made two amazing covers. You should go check her out, she is really good!

Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will be longer I promise. I'm not really on a schedule, but I haven't been going too long so hopefully you'll get a new chapter soon!