Step 1: Always get Detention

"Detention", yelled Mrs.Fairfeld.

I got up from my desk and groaned internally. Can she be anymore annoying? I walked through the aisles, avoiding people's bags.

She signed the slip of paper. Her gaze drifted over my outfit and I could feel her judging me. She held it out. I glanced at it and just stood there. She sighed, knowing I always give her trouble when it comes to this.

"Can you take the paper", she said loudly.

I shrugged my shoulders. I could feel the other students glares burning into my back. I hated that trouble seemed to follow me because that means all the attention would be fixated on me.

"Just take the paper!" I smiled shyly as I realised I had zoned out. She leaned back and sighed. "Just take the paper. Don't make it difficult."

I looked up from where I was staring at my converse. I took the paper out of her hand and gave her a smile.

I shuffled to my seat. I was already done with the assignment, so I was bored. I had just been staring out the window and listening to music. Which of course isn't allowed.

Before I get ahead of myself; I know this seems like her yelling at me has nothing to do with our story but trust me, detention played a big part in it. You know kinda like that movie Lemonade Mouth. Except there is no love story (maybe a little). Or rapper. Or Lemonade. But you get the point.

Sneaking my phone and earbuds out again, I put an earbud up my sleeve. Resting my head in my hand I could now listen without her realising. I started my Playlist and nodded my head to the beat. One of my favorite bands was playing.

Dark Horizon.

Don't even get me started. I still love them as I sit here writing this. They are such beautiful human beings. I have to say they are probably the most pictured on my Tumblr bandom account.

Yes, I still have a fan account, don't judge.

This was the point when the bell rang. Right as I started to drift off to sleep. At least it was Lunch. I grabbed my shoulder bag and skipped out the room. Blowing a kiss to dear old Mrs.Fairfeld.

Blech.

"Don't drop out they said. You'll never make it they said. Ugh, bull crap!" I mumbled to myself.

"Talking to yourself again. Looks like someone got another detention", she teased. I looked over at Mia.

"Well someone has too. Can't let the room stay empty now can we!" I sarcastically squealed like a kindergartner. She shook her head.

"It wasn't gonna stay empty, because I was gonna be there!" She whipped the slip out of her pocket. We high-fived each other. Proud to be with one another. "Let's get to Lunch, the others are probably already there." We moved from Mrs.Fairfeld's classroom and started down the hallway.

I don't exactly remember everything we said, but I'm pretty sure it was interesting. I do remember a buttersock, the principal, and glue-guns.....

As we walked into the Cafeteria, a skinny frame walked in front of us. I looked into green eyes as they looked into my brown one's.

"Hey, Ms.Brunnen! How's it going?", Mia chirped happily.

"Why are you here?", she asked us, clearly irritated. She twisted her face at the slips in our hands.

I dragged my hand down my face. I was used to talking to her. "That's rude. You should answer her question first." I glared at her pointedly.

"I don't have time for your games. Just answer the question." Her voice was raising and I could see people start to look over.

"Answer hers first", I replied mischievously. She bared her teeth at us. Literally.

"I hate this whole.... thing you girls think you are doing."  I wasn't really taken aback. She basically told us after the first week of school she didn't like us much. It wasn't anything shocking really. I just wanted this whole thing to be over.

"We love you Ms.Hannigan", we said in perfect unison. She glared at us. I honestly think she was gonna murder us that day.

"Fine. You wanna know how my day is going? It was fine until I ran into you troublemakers!" Well isn't she dramatic?

"Such sweet words. Right Aria?", Mia said while turning towards me.

"Oh she is truly Shakespeare." I clasped my hands to my chest in mockery. As much as I didn't like the attention, it was really fun to mess with her. I shrunk back though as I realised more people were watching.

"And for your answer. Today isn't a lunch detention day. So fortunately we get to spend an hour or two with you."

Ms.Brunnen stood frozen as Mia said those words. I held back laughter as her face started to turn into all sorts of colours.

Pause.

I will now take the time to say that I don't giggle.

Just saying. 

Back to the moment. "Well see you later!" With that we walked away to our lunch table. I released a breath as attention was shifted off of us and onto her next victim. I plopped down at the usual table and waited for the others.

"I think it's alive", Sofía said while sitting down. Mia joined soon after. Sofía poked the meat with a fork. She looked at my food longingly as I pulled it out.

My mom packed me Spanish rice with chicken. Enough for all four of us. She knows I usually ended up sharing with these animals. They looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Guys, you know I'm going to share. My mom packed it today, I was too lazy."

Like always.

They went to the trash cans and scraped the whatever it is off their plate. I gave them a huge heaping of rice and a piece of chicken.

"Oh My Hemmings, I didn't miss it did I? No, okay. Give me some bish!"

That, my friends, would be the fourth one. I know that you guys think I'm crazy! I didn't forget her okay. Chill...

"Candace, we could not forget you", Sofia assured her, sarcasm slightly coming out in her sentence.

"Even if we tried", Mia mumbled. A stale piece of bread hit her in the eye.

"Who threw that!?" She glared at Candace, already knowing it was her.

"Oops, I 'accidentally' threw it. My bad." Candace shrugged her shoulders. I laughed. They started arguing like they usually and will always do.

Now you have met everyone before they were famous. They were all losers, except for me of course.

Stop lying. You were the biggest one!

Shut up Mia.

Anyway... this is the day it all started. Well in a way. It actually started when I was born but my life wasn't as interesting as it is now. Well..... I could tell you some stories. Don't get me started.

Then don't. We're begging you.

Get off Mia.

That was just a basic day, what happened after was the interesting stuff.

Now, it's time to talk about detention.