Step 2: Never Stay In Detention

We all found out that we all had detention....

With Ms. Brunnen.

Trust me, we only mention her because she is very important later on. Actually really soon.

"Well, here we are", sighed Candace.

"No talking", replied Ms. Brunnen.

I rolled my eyes. "Calm yourself will you?" She just looked at me. I looked over at Candace and  Sofía who were on their phones. They actually didn't have to be here. They were just here.

I glanced around the room.

Now that I'm thinking back on these moments, I guess it was pretty convenient that she was the music and chorus teacher. She had a lot of instruments and music just laying around the room.

Nah dip...

"Ms. Brunnen. While we're here could we at least clean or do something, anything really." Being bored was not one of Candace's strong points.

"Well. Now that I think about. You could organize the instruments and tune them." She peered at us with her green eyes. We gave each other looks. I can't believe we got away with actually doing something. "I need to do some other stuff, don't break anything." We started googling how to tune instruments. Well, Candace and Sofía did.

She walked out and everyone in the room sighed. "Well, let's try to tune these instruments."

I saw Mia walk over to the drums. I rose an eyebrow.

Not that she could do anything anyway.

She tried to make a beat and failed. We all followed suit and finally it was Sofía's turn. She started playing. With wide eyes, this was the moment we knew she would be the drummer. Just not the moment we knew we would start a band.

We stared in awe as she played the drums from 'American Idiot'. Once she finished all we could do was stare.

She blushed, embarrassed at what she did. She's so cute and modest. Shut up! She still gets embarrassed when fans come up to her now. She shifted her weight awkwardly.

I was the first to speak up. "Woah, where did you learn to play like that?"

"From watching my brother. He taught me when he saw I would watch him all the time. You think my arms look this good from working out? You do know me right?"

I still can't believe she is the drummer. I honestly thought it was going to be Mia. I really think everyone did subconsciously. You just get that vibe from her.

We decided to keep going. We ended up finding out that Candace and Mia were guitarist. I could play a little too at the time, but it was not my favorite instrument. Candace was a really great singer. I'm okay but definitely the worst singer of the group. I'm not bad but I'm definitely not the best. Although I'm not one to be in front of people so singing wouldn't be the best option.

Even now, I still like to think I'm freaking Beyoncé. I'm never giving that dream up. But I have finally come to terms with it. There are other perks, which will come later on in this story/autobiography/life thingy.

We had finally finished cleaning and tuning everything (with the help of google) and I still hadn't been able to find an instrument like them.

Not one that really called for me anyway. Something that felt like it was made just for me and no one else.