Step 4: Choose an Amazing Leader

They next day at lunch was a big one. It was the day we came up with who would be lead. Of course, the plan was to just talk about the band but nothing ever seems to go according to plan with them.

Like always.

Today was Lunch Detention. So we were stuck with Mr. Dory. A hot but nerdy teacher. He was nice to look at but we really didn't want to spend our time talking about physics and science equations. Although I didn't mind.

You never do.

Today we were talking about the equation for love. But we went way deeper than science.

Way deeper.

"Then, she dumped me." I cringed as he said those words. He was telling us about how this hot girl dumped him in 3 hours.

And they weren't even dating.

Which is exactly why I was surprised he was crying. Like seriously dude, get a life.

"Ummm, maybe you should go to the bathroom. Or take a day off. Or get a girlfriend", suggested Mia. We nodded our heads in agreement. He sniffed and walked out.

"We didn't mean right now, you dummy." She ran to the door. "Annnndddd he's gone."

"What to do now", I picked at my nails. Since he wasn't here, we could do anything we wanted.

"Band talk." We looked over at Sofía. She shrugged. "Might as well, we have 15 minutes left in here."

"First things first. Who would be the lead?" The room went silent. This was a question we no doubt had no answer to. Who would be the lead? Sofía, the level headed one. Mia, the creative one. Candace, the sweet one. Or me. No description there. I could see the other girls had their own thoughts about it.

"How about this", I said while pulling them out of their thoughts. "On the count of three, we all say who we should think be the lead." They nodded along. I raised up my fingers to count.

Yes, we decided to pick a leader like it was a drawing, problems?

I didn't think so.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Aria!"

"Sof-" I stopped mid-sentence.

"What!?" I stared at them like they were crazy. "Have you lost your minds?!"

"I know. I find it hard to believe too." Mia shoot me a crooked smile. All I could do was smile and shake my head.

Of all people they chose me. Technically, what have I really done so far. Nothing. A big fat nothing.

"Think about it like this. You always get stuff done and you aren't afraid to take risks. We need that. Someone who isn't afraid to take new steps and encourage us. I mean come on. We went to Mall Jail for you. It was mainly my fault but we could've snitched. Just saying. We need you. As a leader and a friend."

I sat there. Shocked that such profound (and honest) words came from Candace.

"Wow Candace. How long have you been planning that?" Sofía turned to me. "She is right. We need someone with guts. And ideas. You are the perfect combination of too much of each."

I shoved her. "Guys come on. You have to be joking? Have you met me?!"

"Sadly, yes. And sadly, I'm gonna hate saying this, they're right. It isn't rocket science to figure out."

I glared at Mia. "But what band has ever had a bassist as the lead and might I add the worst singer of us all."

"You have a good voice Aria. Ours just happen to be even better." I scoffed at the last part.