Chapter 13: A Mission

...

A Mission

...

A weary sigh came after the sound of a heavy dull thud as Estella eyed tiredly at the bucket of chalky gray water which she have just put down.

Eyes flicking over to the shelves, she surveyed the result of the interminable chore of dusting and wiping the damn furniture and its books. A feeling of relief and accomplishment washed over her when she checked that she has really finished this torment chore.

Estella then yawned, stretching her arms above her head tiredly. She then cursed at the dull feeling of fatigue which lingered in her muscles. “I can’t believe I have to do this thrice a week! Argh…!” She groaned in frustration.

Glaring in annoyance at the rows of shelves, her eyes suddenly widened in remembrance.

Oh yeah, why does Phantomhive want me to meet him in his study…?  She sighed at that thought. That demanding little boy…!

Shaking her head in bewilderment, Estella snatched up the bucket at her foot and stalked towards the wide opened doors of the library.

…..

The door swung opened the moment Ciel uttered a ‘Come in’ as a reply to the sound of knocking which emitted from its other side. Without needing to glance up from his paperwork to identify the visitor, he asked nonchalantly. “What is it, Sebastian…?”

“It’s time for your dance lesson, Young Master.” Sebastian bowed with a hand on his chest.

The reply Sebastian gave Ciel had Ciel snapping his head up to look at him with an incredulous look. “Dance lesson?”

An annoyed frown then marred his face. “Che.”

With an annoyed sigh, Ciel pushed himself up to stand before moving over to his butler. The annoyed frown still on his face, Ciel snapped. “This better be quick, Sebastian.”

“How quick this lesson is going to go depends on you, Young Master.” Sebastian said with a serene smile. He then stretched a hand out to his master and prompted. “Let’s get started, shall we?”

Ciel stared at the hand with an annoyed frown and snorted before reaching out to accept it.

.....

Estella sighed, making her way down the hallway with the bucket of water she used for her earlier tiring chore. Trudging down the stretch of hallway, she finally came to a stop in front of a huge door. Giving a knock, she pushed opened the doors without bothering to wait for permission to do so; she froze with widened eyes the moment the doors swung opened to reveal something she did not expect to see behind the doors.

There was the Phantomhive boy standing in a close proximity with his butler. Flicking her eyes down to the hand Ciel had on Sebastian’s waist and his other hand held in Sebastian’s gloved hand in mid-air, she quickly figured that they were dancing. Blinking dumbly at the scene before her, the duo that have too froze in the middle of their dance, stared back. An unnerving silence hung between them.

Okaayyy… didn’t know they were like this… Still staring at the duo, she blushed at her thoughts.

Clearing her throat, Estella shot them an apologetic look. “Sorry for disturbing…er…your dance, please do continue.”

Eyes darting from Ciel to Sebastian, she took a step back and quickly pulled the doors back towards her, shutting it.

.....