Chapter 22: Darkness Becomes Her

...

Darkness Becomes Her

...

"Want to take a break?" Brandon asked, spinning her around.

Estella heaved a sigh of relief when she managed to complete the twirl, a little unsteady, but this time, without nearly falling. She offhandedly placed a hand on the male's chest to steady herself before glancing up.

"Sure," she said breathlessly, pink dusted her cheeks when she realized what it was on. She hastily placed it back onto his shoulder. Being so close to Brandon made her nervous. "I'm thirsty anyway," she smiled shyly at him.

"Let's go get you a drink," her heart skipped a beat at how his amethyst eyes glittered with tenderness at her.

Brandon led her through the dance floor, his big hand gripping gently and the same time, firmly onto her hand as he walked them out of the dancing group, entering the sides where other party guests were aimlessly standing around the refreshment tables.

Chatters and the soft metallic sound from the utensils greeted them as soon as they joined the rest.

It took her a while to realize that people were staring at them. No, she realized, him, not them.

Her eyes swiveled to the leading male in front.

There was something about the way Brandon Christensen walked that made heads of females and males turn. His stride was stable and graceful. An air of charisma radiated from him as he led them over to the refreshment tables.

"Do you think he'll dance with me?" Estella turned to that voice to realize it came from a female adolescent who was nudging at another female beside her excitedly.

His good looks too, she realized.

Her eyes swiveled back to Brandon, feeling a little uncomfortable from all the attention they were getting.

"For two, thank you," Brandon said to the person handling the punch.

Heat crept up her face when she realized that the person was Bard.

"Let's go out into the balcony over there after we drink, shall we?" Brandon turned to her, failing to see how Bard wagged his eyebrows suggestively at her with a wide grin.

Her eyes instantly flicked away from the grinning male to Brandon. "Alright," she said with a smile.

The grin and wagging eyebrows instantly fell into an impassive face the moment Brandon turned back, Bard quickly scooped up the pink liquid from the punch bowl and filled two glasses. "Here you go, sir," he passed them over to Brandon who uttered a 'thank you' in return.

"Thanks," Estella accepted a glass from him and drank, liking how the cool liquid was flowing down her throat. The dance with him sure made her thirsty.

Brandon was already returning the glass when she was finished with the punch.

"Thirsty," he shrugged with a smile when she shot him a raised eyebrow. The male reached for her hand and pulled them away from the table after her glass was returned.

Estella glanced down at their hands and yanked her hand out of his when she realized that they looked like a couple.

"Sorry, it's not very appropriate of a servant to be behaving like this in her master's party," she said with an apologetic look when Brandon glanced over in surprise at her action.

"Alright," he nodded at her understandingly, letting his arm drop to his side. "Come on," he walked in front to lead the way.

Estella stared at his back.