Chapter 39: Dead or Alive

The deafening siren wailed, blaring incessantly across the buildings as four figures dived heedlessly into the horde of guards who had appeared to stop them like they were supposed to. But by all means, nothing was going to stop the four until they accomplish the purpose of this daring invasion.

Before the guards could make even the slightest movement, the largest of the four was quick to scatter the orderly troupe with a swing of his strong leg .

The dark-haired boy behind him was rigid with readiness and his visible blue eye was steeled with a sort of determination. Slewing glances over to the other two beside him like he was sharing some sort of a secret message with them, he drew his guns.

Then it turned chaotic.

Gunshots, the loud brrrrrr sort of sound from a red chainsaw, and painful grunts and yells were everywhere. The four drove through the little army that was falling apart so quickly.

Dashing through the clearing path, Ciel, from his peripheral vision, saw Agni deftly sending guards crumbling onto the floor around him. Nearby, the Indian prince was holding out decently on his own. Ciel shifted his attention to the front when the cackling Shinigami suddenly entered the narrow route he was taking, slashing mercilessly at the enemies.

"Spare one!" Ciel whisked around the redhead, yelling over the ruckus around him. Ciel skidded to a stop the moment he reached a clearing and spun around. His eye was darting wildly from side to side as he blinkingly watched more joined the bodies on the floor around his companions.

They did not hear him, he realized.

"SPARE ONE!" He shouted in desperation when he noticed the rate they were going but it was too late. He watched helplessly as the taller Indian smashed his bandaged fist into faces of the last standing ones.

"Ciel!" Prince Soma who did a fair share of the fight, dusted himself and jogged over to Ciel with a questioning look. "Did you say something just now?"

"Forget it." Ciel's face fell when he glanced over the prince's shoulder to find bodies strewed across the ground. Every single one of them were already out like lights.

Agni and an annoyed Grell joined them a while later.

Agni immediately appeared beside the prince with a concerned look. "Are you hurt, my prince?" He grabbed the younger Indian by the shoulders. "You shouldn't take part in that anymore. Leave it to me and Mr. Grell!"

"I still don't understand why I had to be separated from my Sebas-chan!" Behind them, Grell stamped his feet like a kid throwing tantrum and swung his chainsaw onto a shoulder while glancing about. "Ahhh Sebas-chan, where are you my sexy darling?"

The first thing Ciel did the moment they managed break into the building they were in was dispatching Sebastian on a separate mission. While the rescue operation was the mission of the night, there was a small but crucial business he needed Sebastian to get down to. From that point of time onward, it was just the four of them.

"I'll be okay!" The prince frowned and pushed his hands off his shoulders. "It's been long time since I did something like this so let me be, Agni!"

Agni bowed submissively to Prince Soma before turning to Ciel. "Master Ciel, we may proceed now." Agni swept a glance around the area. "The coast is clear."

"The next time more comes, remember to spare one. We'll need information for this to succeed." Ciel sighed irritably and looked over to the grumbling shinigami. "Did you hear that? Spare one!"

"Spare one? Hmm!" Grell whipped around haughtily and tossed his red long hair over his shoulder. "How ignorant! Didn't you know red is the colour of passion and passion cannot be stopped! Death is mine and with this baby," Like a trophy, the shinigami raised the chainsaw that gleamed blood red, "No one will be deprived the taste of my passion! Sebas-chan should be here to watch this crimson red dance and he will be madly in love with such a beautiful, talented maiden like me! Death—"