Chapter 43: Common Enemies

Ciel stared at the figure before him with a slack-jawed, raised-brows look – a perfect representation of disbelief. The person in front clearly screamed 'Estella Blancbaston' but was the person in front of him really...her?

Those dangerous-looking cold, red eyes.

Did those meant she was no longer...human? 

Horror begun seeping into his eyes as he tried to process this stunning realization. 

Did those meant he could never see those contradicting eyes that looked like ice and fire at the same time ever again?

Has he already lost her to whatever SIGMA had put into her?

Was that fiery, passionate girl who had made him realize that there was more to life than his revenge really...gone?

Did Estella Blancbaston even existed anymore?

Out of nowhere, Ciel felt a new kind of fear seize him, a sort of anxiety inside him threatening to take his breath away.

Ciel didn't know why he had so quickly spiraled down to such a conclusion the instant he saw the eyes that weren't hers. He knew he was being so unlike the Earl Ciel Phantomhive he was supposed to be by letting his emotions turn into such a mess but...he was afraid. He couldn't quite place a finger on what he was feeling afraid of, but it had something to do with the sight of those demonic eyes that did not sit right with him.

With a perplexed furrow between his brows, Ciel watched the girl before him leapt toward Brandon with a snide, "Sorry to keep you waiting, angel freak!" In a deeper voice which he noticed didn't sound like Estella's.

With a flutter in his stomach that was anything but comfortable, Ciel watched the redhead aimed a kick at Brandon and send the man flying again, through the main door to the outside.

....

Sebastian deftly knocked away the couples of knives and forks that came flying his way and returned them with his own silver ones. Not taking a minute's pause, he dashed forward, using the utensils he had thrown as an opening. Like Sebastian had expected, the golden-eyed demon deflected them with a similar ease he had performed himself earlier.

A cutting gleam flashed in Sebastian's red eyes as he reached into his tailcoat and swiftly pulled out another six utensils as he closed in on Claude. His arms were a pair of black blur as Sebastian pulled them back and plunged the silverwares between his fingers into the spider demon's chest.

Glancing down unblinkingly at the utensils protruding from his chest, Claude brought up an arm, ready to lash out at Sebastian with three of his own but missed when the raven demon leapt back in time to evade them.

Sebastian landed gracefully a few feet away and straightened his coat.

Claude plucked the utensils out of his chest one by one like they were toothpicks and tossed them aside with eyes narrowed in disdain. "How tasteless."

"Oh, I believe that's what you are." Sebastian smiled serenely, as if his words were intended to compliment, "To think that you'll be siding with these disgusting humans, it's clear that 'tasteless' describes you better than I."

Sebastian tilted his head, his smile turning to a mocking one. "Could this be one of your master's silly ideas as well?" He chuckled lightly, "No offense but I think your taste in souls is pretty...bad too."

Much to Sebastian's surprise, instead of any displays of unpleasant emotions or Claude's typical straight face, Claude threw back his head and laughed dryly. "Master? What master? That brat is dead."