Chapter 10

JESS: Wow it took one day to get 10 votes :D Awesome!

 So I got it wrong, I actually have 9 assignments not 6-7 :'( Plus I still haven't gotten one for my Advanced English or Math classes. KML!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm changing the minimum amount of votes to 15 because you guys voted in 1 day and I kind of expected it to take longer :3 

 OH! AND CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT?!?!

I need a good cultural dance! I need to choreograph something in less than a fortnight and my mind is blank! I'll dedicate a chapter to you if I decide on using your suggestion so comment below or PM me!!

15 VOTES NEEDED BEFORE I UPLOAD CHAPTER 11!!!!!!

_______________

     Chapter 10    

________________

I couldn’t sleep at all.

I had been waking up constantly and tried going back to sleep over and over again but I honestly couldn’t.

Every time I started to get sleepy, I would move to the usual position I’d sleep in and then end up groaning in pain from either my ribs or from the now visible bruises along my arms. It got to the point where I could hardly breathe without a few stray tears falling down my cheeks.

I couldn’t take it, there was no way I could wait until morning for Walter to take me to the hospital. I knew there had to be a reason why he hadn’t taken me straight away but I had to draw the line. It’s what anyone in my shoes would have done, you could only deal with so much pain…

And that’s how I ended up in one of the worst hospitals I had seen in my life.

“Walter…” I said hesitantly as he led me towards one of the only empty metal chairs in the waiting room next to a coughing young man with scabs along his arms.

“What’s wrong, Elise?” He asked, sitting next to me, his body tensed and alert.

Before we got out of the girl both of us had discussed and agreed not to use formalities in order be inconspicuous, and as I glanced at the scary patients around us, I was extremely glad we had made that decision.

“I want to back to the motel…” I said my eyes wide and lips shut tight.

“We need to get you checked out.”

“I really don’t want to be here…” I said pathetically. “Can we please go back?” I begged giving him the best puppy eyes I could muster.

“We can’t, you need to be checked out.” He said sternly, not even seeming fazed by my innocent look.

“Why can’t we go somewhere...” I hesitated trying to think of a suitable word “…else…”

“I told you, Elise, they’re expecting me to take you to a good hospital since you’re the…you know… or none at all. And my superior told me to take you here, it isn’t as bad as it looks, and half the ‘patients’ here are actually working for him. It’s safe here unlike the other hospitals around. It’s the last place they’d think of looking, same goes for the motel we are staying at.”

“They’re acting?” I said shocked as I looked at all the coughing patients around us. They looked so believable.

“Yep,” He nodded “The guy over there with the blanket around him, the guy across from us sleeping, the lady behind the desk, and the guy over there cleaning, they are all cops, they don’t know who they are protecting, they just know who and what to look out for.”