Chapter 9

Jadellee's POV

I walked and walked, still feeling cold and confused.

Before I knew it, I was outside the library, the one place I never really go to in the whole school.

I found myself pushing open the doors and looking for an empty table.

It was easy to do so, no one was around except for two or three students who were actually seriously studying.

Being inside the quiet library helped in focusing my thoughts quickly and soon, I was up and searching the shelves for that research paper we need to submit for Chemistry.

Don't ask me why I suddenly wanted to do homework, it's probably because this is the only way I know to rid my thoughts of him.

"Chemistry...Chemistry..." I mumbled, combing the shelves.

Suddenly, I stumbled upon one of the yearbooks that were clumsily placed back on the shelves.

I pulled it out. Hey, it was more interesting than research anyway, and I promise I'll do my paper after checking this out.

I sat back on the chair and pulled the book open, skipping the message of the principal and the school hymn and stuff like that.

I looked at the picture of the school.

Hey, where's the new west wing? I frowned a little but didn't give much thought about it.

I browsed through the freshmen and the sophomores without much interest, only perking up when I got to the juniors page.

I looked at section 3-A, their class picture, the class adviser...

My eyes stopped on the name of the class adviser.

Ms. Samantha Fuentes.

I looked at her picture; her bright smile, her gorgeous face, her hourglass figure, it's obvious...this was the hot Chemistry teacher Marcus was telling me about.

So how come I didn't know her?

In a daze, I continued to browse at the students' faces...

Suddenly stopping when I got to letter C, right after Crisostomo, Allen was...

Cruz, Marcus Ian.

I stared at the picture, my heart beating fast.

The guy at the pictured smiled back, his brown hair sticking up nicely, his smile...those lips that I had seen before it got obscured by the shadows...

His beautiful eyes...

I stared at it more, unable to tear away my gaze from his handsome face.

Below his name came the words he wanted to be in the future:

To be a world-class pianist.

It's him. It's really him.

He's from 3-A...? How come...

How come I didn't know him?

How come I didn't know any of them...?

I hastily checked back at the faces of the other students...

And I didn't know any of them.

I flipped to the next sections hurriedly, stopping on 3-C, my section, different students occupied the pages.

Students who weren't my classmates.

I flipped back to Marcus' page, almost afraid to look at the other pages, at the other information which was causing my head to hurt.