Chapter 6

~ I'm not flirting. I'm not even the least bit joking, Jadellee. I know it sounds really creepy because we haven't even seen each other yet but I feel like I've known you for years. You don't know how I race to my desk just to see your reply. It's crazy. :/ I'm sorry if it's creeping you out, that's not my intention at all. ~

I have read that reply for approximately 36 times already and still, I can't breathe.

Does he feel the same way? What the heck should I reply?!

~ Oh. I'm not...weirded out at all. Because I kind of feel the same way. I only look forward to Chemistry because of you.

By the way, I got the tape.

I love it and I'm keeping it. Thank you. ~

"You look out of it. Are you okay?" Emma asked me after class.

"Yes." I mumbled, still confused as to what I'm feeling.

Do I really like him? That way? When I haven't even seen him yet? When I only know him through these scribbles?

Have I gone crazy?

"Okay...so, you want to go with me and Andy to Dippin' Dots?" She offered.

"No." I replied after a moment. Even though ice cream is my comfort food, it will do nothing to keep me from being insane with all these confusions I'm feeling lately.

"Huh?" Emma looked surprise. It's the first time I refused ice cream.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

She looked at me doubtfully. "Well..."

"I'm really sure, Ems. I still need to go home and catch One Direction on MTV." This was a lie.

Their MTV performance was weeks ago.

"Oh. Pfft." She rolled her eyes understandingly.

"Okay. I'll see you then." and she walked off.

I was left staring at my desk, rereading everything, trying to see which part I started to sound like I have feelings for him, except that it was getting cold again and I forgot my scarf at home.

I turned to leave, almost jumping at the sight of that new student outside our room again.

I stopped, hesitating whether I should go off and ignore him or try to talk to him again.

Before I had the chance though, he had walked away to the direction of the library. Again.

This time at least, I got to see his backside.

He really has a nice built, he walked with steady steps, his hands on his pockets, his dark brown hair looked nice even from the back.

I noticed something weird though, the cuff of his pants were black instead of the usual grey, as if they were burned with an iron or something.

This just made me more confused though, I thought I like Marcus?

So why is it that another guy seems to make my heart race just as much?

--

~ The tape is not the only thing you can keep.

Or rather, it's not the only one you're keeping right now.

Can I see you...again? Please.

Meet me at the west park at midnight tomorrow. I know it's late but I'm going to take my chances.