Chapter 5

I sat down on my desk at Chemistry class silently.

This time, I attempted to listen to Mr. Mendez but once again, I failed.

I had yawned secretly five times within 20 minutes of lecture time.

So I did something I don't really want to do.

I glanced down at my desk.

Last night, I was determined not to write to Marcus for at least two days, because even after I finished the sundae, he still didn't come.

Ditch me, huh?!

My eyes landed on his last scribble to me.

Except that I saw that there was a new one this time.

~ I'm sorry, Jadellee. :( Please don't get mad. I can explain. ~

I thought about it. It's not like I waited for so long and it's not like I came out of the store with an empty stomach.

I sighed and decided to let go my resolve to not write back to him.

~ Okay. Explain. ~

--

The next day, I stared at his explanation on the desk.

Seriously? Is he kidding me?

~ Okay...I'll explain. But it's kind of hard. Uhm. Okay. Maybe I can't explain.

Believe me though; I didn't at all like what I did to you. I swear. Forgive me, please. :( I'll do your research paper for you.

*pleads while offering a hot fudge sundae to you* ~

I smiled a little at the pleading part. How cute. Okay, fine. Maybe I'll let him off the hook this time.

Just this time.

~ Fine. I accept the apology even if the explanation is totally crappy. But then, that's to be expected from you guys. Pfft. *rolls eyes playfully* ~

I am so making him play three One Direction songs for me next time.

-----

I sat in my desk, laughing softly, the next day. Because this time, he had not written a funny reply.

Oh, no. He didn't.

He had, instead, drawn something.

They were flowers of some sort and I think that's a hot fudge sundae.

~ See? I told you I'll give you a sundae. I even threw in some tulips. Nice, huh? ;) ~

Haha. This guy is so funny. Plus, it was kinda cute...

So I took a picture of it with my phone, except that I forgot to turn off the flash so when the camera went off, Mr. Mendez had glanced at the back, towards our place and I quickly hid my phone away, not bothering to check if I had snapped the picture properly.

~ You dork. Those don't look like tulips to me. Haha. But still, thanks for the sundae. I bet our desk enjoyed it. ~

Or maybe, I was the one who was enjoying all these?

--

The next few weeks consisted of more scribbles from us two. I had briefly wondered sometimes if other people read what we had doodled off in our desk.

Soon, I found myself looking forward to Chemistry only because of his replies.

We talked about various things. Our families, our ambitions, we played random games, we even drew some more.