Chapter 8

I'm sure your gonna love this chapter:DD

Happy reading.

--------------------------------

Chapter 8

 (Prologue of this chapter:

   The rest of the week was slow and uneventful. School was school. Guys were guys, but all but Edwin. We never talked after I asked him to the stupid Winter Formal. I must’ve did something that set him off, that made him made because before I left with my friends last Monday after school, he seemed down and sort of angry with me. I never even got the chance to ask him what was up.

Since I shared three classes with him, it was sort of hard for me. I mean, my stupid nerves wanted to freaking burst! What made it easier was that he purposely sat on the other side of the classroom. Yet, that also made me less content. That really made me wonder what in the world did I do.

   And here I was still dateless for the Winter Formal. Sure, plenty of guys asked but they weren’t my type. Zach still never gave up, though. He literally asked me to the Formal every single day.

I told Brianne the entirety of what happened and I could pretty much tell she was on my side. The rest of her response is to not be repeated. Let’s just say she was a bit over-angry, way more than I was. )

It’s Friday morning and today’s actually the first day I haven’t been bugged by people and their repetitive questions. As I dug my head into my folded arms on the desk, the principal, Dr. Davis came onto the intercom system, annoying us fellow students with her announcements.

“Good morning, Fellow Champions.” She began, in her old, raspy yet, high voice. It was time for this lady to earnestly think about retiring and give it a rest. Her hair’s far beyond the gray age and she was beginning to have the need to use a cane in public. Tell me whether or not you agree?

“As you all know, tonight’s football game is the third to last before the end of this year’s season! I would like to congratulate our newest student, Edwin Jameson for becoming Wide Receiver on the football team! He will be playing in tonight’s game. So, don’t forget to come out and support the Cougars against the Barhing Heights Bears!” With that, there was a click meaning the announcement was over. I was hardly even listening.

I raised my head from the desk and opened my eyes to shocking expressions on many people’s faces. Dr. Davis must’ve said something interesting because the looks on every girl’s face made it seem like they all had just won a million dollars.

I turned to a glowing girl whose sitting next to me and ask what was going on.

“Hey, what’s everyone so happy about?” I asked.

She turned to me with her hand over her mouth. “Edwin Jameson’s playing the Varsity game tonight!” She squealed jumping up and down.

My excitement of the unknown went way back down and I thought how he asked Kate to the stupid Winter Formal and how that could’ve been me.

I laid my head back into my desk and waited for class to end. It wasn’t even half way over and I wanted to just leave. I was still wretched from being “rejected” from Edwin, even though he just easily let me down…

-----

By lunchtime, I slowly walked into the cafeteria looking for Brianne, Kristin, and Macie. They waved their hands from our usual lunch table and, again, I slowly walked over to them.