Chapter 6

Hey, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I really spent some time on it, especially at the end. I was listening to the most peaceful music from the New Moon soundtrack. It really helps sometimes.

Sorry the chapter is long, I worked on it for more than enough days because of school and all:) School first:)

Well, don’t forget to vote and/or comment on this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            Chapter 6

   I woke up to nothing but quietness and the burning sun shining on my face from the window. As I sat up, I rubbed my eyes with fist-hands to wipe away the sleep. As I open my eyes, the large blue walls surrounded me and I quickly remembered I had slept over Brianne’s house last night. I remembered watching our favorite movie, Breaking Dawn, and stuffing ourselves with delicious high-fat foods. I was probably looking a hot mess right now. My hair was probably knotted and disgusting, knowing I didn’t put it up last night.

“Brianne...” I say my voice still groggy and my eyes closing my eyes. “Brianne?” I turned to look at her only to find the gently moved pillows and sheets on the bed. Where the heck could she have gone? I didn’t hear anything in the bathroom, nor anywhere across the hall. After all the times I had ever slept over Brianne’s house, she never left my by myself. Ever since we were kids, we always promised each other to wake the other up if one was still asleep. Why did she decide to break this promise now?

 After placing my feet on the carpeted floor, I quickly walk out of the room, not looking at myself in the mirror. I checked the bathroom for Brianne, no one there. I checked the closet and game room. There was still no Brianne there.

Running down the stairs, I heard the television on and the sound of a male’s deep voice. Crap. Who’s in the house!? What if some murderer or kidnapper broke in?! I slowed down toward the last step, and tried to peek around the spindles that separated the stairway toward the living room and kitchen.

“Yeah, but it’s whatever you know?” Brianne says to the male. WTH? Who could she be talking to? If she was talking to someone, then it couldn’t be a murderer or kidnapper…right? Maybe my brains just going into overload. I shake my head, swiftly and turned the corner to go into the living room.

Not remembering my bad appearance, I enter the large living room. Obviously, this was a mix-up. Brianne was sitting on the couch with Landon, casually talking. My eyes wonder to a figure to the left of Landon and I spotted Edwin Jameson. Suddenly, I feel three pairs of eyes glaring at me.

 “Woo! I see someone’s rocking a du!” Brianne shouts from the couch laughing like she is about to die. What in the world was so funny? And what could she possibly mean by saying I was ‘rocking a du?”

Abruptly, I remember I passed a few mirrors in this house and didn’t look up at ONE. Yep…my theory of me looking disgusting was definitely real all right. Stealing a glance at Edwin, I notice his expression unaffected.

Landon breaks into an abrupt laughter, “Love-the-pajamas!” He cries out, dying of laughter between each word.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny,” I say, sarcastically, folding my arms, raising an eyebrow.

My stomach twists and turns at the thought of Edwin being here. Just realizing it makes it do double the flips and turns.

 “I think you look fine.” Edwin says with a small smile. I sheepishly nodded and smiled, and then remembered Brianne leaving me. The two goof-heads were still laughing it up. Honestly, it wasn’t even all that funny. They’ve seen me at my worst like this. Well, beside Edwin, and now HE had seen me at my worst, adding to the list.