chapter 5

Ugh! Seriously, does this guy have a death wish? Must he always smirk?

Megan groaned inwardly.
       "I never said you looked good" she denied
       "Ah ah princess, just let it out, you know you like me" Jason teased.
       "You wish, thank you for accepting me into the comfort of your home....but I'd really love to be on my way" Megan told him.
       "You're kidding right? Last time i checked, you had no money on you and no clothes except for the one you had on you. So I'm wondering where you'll get those"
       "Uhm....I'll get a job, that way i can pay you for letting me sleep in your home"
       "And where do you expect to get a job....here? You're in for a surprise princess"
       "Stop calling me that"
       "Why, afraid I'll turn you on?"
       Megan paled...."you jerk!"
       "Yea, i know...and a proud one too"
       "I really need to leave... I promise I'll pay you for the night"

       "Work for me" Jason offered.
       "Excuse me?"
       "How much do you think you'll earn to pay for all these" Jason said, waving his hands to indicate the room alone.
       "But I...."
       "No excuses princess, you can pay by installments and you get to live here....since you'll be working here"
       "And how much will i be paying?"
       "Until i tell you to stop" he smirked
Megan widened her eyes in shock.
       "You can't possibly....
       "I'm done here, clumsy.....i assume you like that name better".

       "What nerves" Megan murmured.

But then, i need this job and not even this arrogant brat will ruin it for me.

       "Lily, can you please show me around.....looks like I'm stuck here after all" Megan said sullenly.
       "You should see the look on your face Meg...it's epic" Lily giggled.
       "Trust me, i don't care about that look... I just wanna pay my debts and leave here for good"
       " Why in such a hurry anyway, boyfriend problems?"
Megan paled...."I'd rather we don't talk about it, please"
       "Fine, but I'm here if you wanna talk. It's much easier being friends now"
       "And that seems to be the only silver lining in this thick cloud. I'm glad you're here Lily" she smiled at Lily
       "Me too"....Lily smiled back "how about that tour you wanted?"
       "Please lead the way".

Lily showed Megan around the house and Megan was filled with awe. Such a big house for one guy? Doesn't he have parent's or siblings? She kept wondering within.

Not being able to hold it in any longer, she voiced out her thoughts to Lily.
       "Does master Jason by any chance have siblings? I mean this is way too much for one person if you ask me.
       "No Meg, he doesn't... All of this belongs to him and he does with it as he pleases".
       "I bet he trows house parties every single day" Megan scoffed.
       "You know you shouldn't judge him so fast Meg, he wasn't always like this...not since K..never mind"

Megan narrowed her eyes at Lily.
       "Something i should know?"
       "No, silly" Lily laughed it off.
       "What's with the names....first Jason and now you, am i that plain? Who knows what I'll be called next" Megan joked.
       "First off, if you'll be working here, never call him by name or he'll have your head...second, you're no plain Jane. You're perfect Megan.....do you ever look at yourself in the mirror?"
       "I never had a mirror" Megan laughed.
       "Ugh....you're one crazy woman"
       "And there goes the names again".

And that's it for this chapter.
Please don't be a silent reader....you can air your views on the book.
Of all the many amazing books here on wattpad, you chose to read this......THANK YOU.
Please don't forget to turn that white star orange 😉.
I love you!!