chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful preshpro for being the first to add my book to her reading list....Thank you hun :-*
I'm really sorry for updating late, truth is i haven't been in the best of healths but I'm holding up. For you still reading TGWCA and believing in me, thank you. I heart you loads :-)

             *            *            *

       Jason paced back and forth in his room thinking of the decision he made a few minutes ago.
The thought of offering Megan to work for him sort of came up and he blurted it out without a second thought.

      What was it about that lady.....she was way below his class and taste, was too clumsy for his liking and....God! she was beautiful. He couldn't quite shake off the feeling that she was running away from something, her eyes held such sadness and she flinched anytime he so much as raised his voice.
He was definitely going to find out what lurked in her past.

Wait, i sound like some knight running off to the rescue.
Ha! Some knight huh? He chuckled.

            *           *            *

       "Megan!!!"
Megan shot up from bed, surprised at being woken from sleep that early in the morning....damn twas'nt even seven in the morning.

       "Megan!!!!" I swear to God I'm gonna kill that clumsy girl".

Shit! I'm supposed to be working...... so much for this comfy bed. She complained while hurrying to attend to her "master".

       "You were still asleep?" Jason asked, surprised. "I'm beginning to think i made a terrible mistake"
       "Uhm....good morning sir, I'm.."
       "Save it woman, you're an hour late to serving my coffee. Since it's your first day I'll pass, but trust me I'll have your job when next this shit happens. Now get me my coffee" Jason fumed and stormed off angrily.

Woah!...why is he cold this morning, its just coffee.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone clearing his throat and she yelped in fright.

       "Oh, I'm sorry i frightened you....sorry about him, he's always like that. By the way, I'm Damien" he introduced himself while still laughing.
       "I don't find it funny Damien...I'm Megan and believe me he gives me the creeps"
       "It's a facade he puts up though, you'll get used to it....you're the new maid yeah?
       "Yeah, unfortunately I'm starting with a query" Megan smiled. Are you his brother?
       "What? No", Damien bursted into a fit of laughter....."my mum is the cook so i come around often".
       "Oh, Mrs Franklin
       "Hahaha, she hates being addressed that way, she thinks it makes her seem old....Grace is okay with her. I can imagine her scowling at you right now". Damien said amused.

I could get used to this one, he's nice...Megan thought.

       "I'll just......"
       "Megan!!!!!!"
       "Uh huh, now he's pissed.....you better get him that coffee. Twas nice meeting you Meg. Hope we'll be friends". He winked.
Megan laughed "yeah, same here Damien...i could use some friends here. I'm sorry but i gotta go".
       "Alright gorgeous, see you around". He replied blowing her a kiss and walking off.

            *           *            *

       Gorgeous..... He called her gorgeous.

Jason was beyond himself with rage. How dare he compliment her....that was his job!.
He overhead their conversation and he felt a tinge of....jealousy.
Hearing Megan laugh so easily, that was the first time he heard her laugh and it was pure melody to the ears.

He knew he couldn't make her laugh, couldn't strike up a healthy yet fun conversation with her but hearing Damien do those things....and he just met her. Damn, he was fuming with rage.
He knew he shouldn't be having such feelings but he felt like the girl was his.
He saw her first.
He gave her a place to stay.
He gave her a job.
That makes her his.
His.

What's it about this woman....that was slowly and unknowingly breaking down his wall.

So what do you think.
A new character just came up and I'm sensing......Jason has a competitor already.
What follows next is if you go to the next chapter and other possible "nexts" ;-)
Don't forget to like, comment and share.
Muaaah!!