Epilogue

Alex walked in the door of his and Jack's apartment and was greeted by their two dogs, Sebastian and Peyton. He knelt down to pet them.

"Hey, babe. You're never this late from work," Jack noted as he entered the room.

"Sorry," Alex stood up to kiss Jack. "There was a huge traffic jam. I couldn't avoid it,"

"That's alright. I made dinner!"

"Awesome, I'm starved."

The two ate together and treated themselves to some candy and popcorn while watching a movie on the couch. Jack scrolled through Netflix a few times before settling on a horror film.

"Come on, you know I don't like scary movies," Alex complained.

"You're such a baby," Jack joked. "You picked the movie last night so now it's my turn. Besides, I'll protect you from the scary monsters,"

"Ugh, okay whatever," Alex said, rolling his eyes.

Alex jumped about a million times while watching the movie and clung onto Jack, cowering in fear. He was relieved when the credits finally rolled onto the screen.

"You're such a scaredy cat," Jack giggled.

"Leave me alone,"

Eventually, the two cleaned up and crawled into bed. Alex checked his phone before going to sleep. He got a text messages from both Zack and, who wished him and Jack a happy anniversary.

"You excited for tomorrow?" Jack whispered.

"Yeah,"

"Then get some sleep, you need to be well rested,"

"What are you, my mom?"

Jack laughed. "You know I'm right,"

He was. Today was their fifth year anniversary of being married. Jack had surprised him yesterday with a special vacation. They were taking a cruise to Hawaii. But they had to leave really early in the morning, so they definitely needed their rest.

Alex put down his phone and snuggled up next to Jack.

"When we were kids, I never imagined this would happen,"

"Me either,"

"Crazy, right?"

"Yes, now can we talk about this in the morning?"

"Fine. Goodnight, Jack,"

"Night. Love you, Lex,"

"Love you, too."