2 years in Italy - Part 13-15

Chapter 13

Silvers POV

I leaned back into the leather seat, gazing out of the windshield in front of me. Next to me carter had one hand on the steering wheel and was holding his mobile in the other, the words flowing from his mouth in a rush.

"Seriously man, stopping stressing out"

"What do you mean?"

"Nah, well you got the lap top, to police will just return the sound system for us"

"Yeah Silvers fine, I've got her with me"

I looked up at him when he mentioned my name in time to see him steal a quick glance in my direction before averting his eyes back to the road.

"Nah, I'm way too far over the limit..."

"Yeah, that my the plan"

He was silent for a couple beats.

"Yeah whatever, we'll catch you tomorrow"

He rolled his eyes and flipped his phone shut.

"Who was that?"

"Luke"

We lapsed back into silence, my brain was still to muddled by the alcohol to pay much attention to where we were going, it wasn't until i saw the lights ahead of us that i realised we had been heading away from the school for the last 15 minutes.

"Carter?"

"Mm?"

"Where the hell are you taking me?"

Lukes POV

With a sigh of relief i turned the key and felt the car rumbled into silence beneath us.

Opening my door i stumbled out into the schools underground garage, reaching back into the car to grab my phone, not bothering with the lap top. Beside me i heard Joel curse as he kicked his foot on something in the dark and the girls giggled.

It had taken almost an hour to make the 20 minute drive from the warehouse back to school, but i had refused to take the main roads, sticking to the more deserted country tracks that weaved across the country. There were too many cops on the roads and i hadn't particularly felt like getting caught and losing my license. I felt a small hand slide into mine and i glanced down as Amy.

"Well that was fun" she giggled.

I rolled my eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to notice in the dark, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders steering her out of the garage towards the elevator.

I swiped my student ID and the elevators doors slid slowly open, the bright light making me squint slightly.

Joel stumbled into the lift and grinned at me. I tried to stop myself but i couldn't, i grinned back.

If you left out the part where it got shut down by cops, it had been one hell of a night.

"Man i thought we were gone when the cops turned up" laughed Joel and i grimaced.

"tell me about it, i can't believe you went back for the laptop".

He shrugged. "One, its expensive, and two, that things got a lot of personal info on it".

Hmm point.

"Hey" he said suddenly.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Where Silver?!" he demanded and i struggled to refrain from rolling my eyes. I loved him, but man he could be dense sometimes.

"She's with Carter; they're going to have to stay in town tonight. Carters had to much to risk driving with this many cops".