2 years in Italy - Part 10-12

Chapter 10

Lukes POV

"C'mon man, i said i was sorry" Carter whined.

I just frowned and stared out across the water.

"Argh you are so bloody predictable" i growled. "Do you have any idea how many times you have done this to me over the years? And there's been a lot of years!" i retorted.

"Exactly, do you realise how many years we've been best friends for? That alone is a reason for you to forgive me and stop sulking over here by yourself and come and hang with everyone else" he replied.

"Or maybe it is a reason for me to finally realise what an ass you are and leave before i kill you".

Now it was Carters turn to sigh.

"You've been using that same line for five years".

"That's because you've been doing this to me for the last 5, no, longer!" i shot back.

He stood up. "Come on then, get up" he said.

"What?"

"Get up. Take a hit and then we can move on"

I stood up. "I'm not gonna hit you".

Hit me.

No

Hit me.

No

Hit me!

No!

Pussy!

Jack ass!

We stood there glaring at each other, my hands curled into fists by my side, a smirk plastered across his face.

"Hey guys" said Joel, ambling over and walking right in between us to sit down on the rock we had previously occupied, oblivious to our fight.

We both looked down at him.

"Hey man" said carter. I just nodded my head, my body still tense.

Joel glanced up at us. "What's with use?"

"Luke's sookin cause i hooked up with Silver last night".

Joel just rolled his eyes. "Just punch Carter and get over it" he told me and i felt my eyes narrow even further.

"See, that's what i said!" said Carter exasperatedly.

I just glared at him.

"I'm not going to hit you!"

His shoulders dropped and he slouched, moving to sit down again.

"You're no fun, no wonder Silver chose me" he muttered.

My eyes narrowed to slits. That's it. I knew he was just trying to get me to hit him, but i didn't care.

My fist flew through the air, connecting with his temple, sending him staggering.

He spun back around, grinning at me.

"There, feel better now?" he asked in a sign song voice.

I groaned and threw myself at him, sending us tumbling over the rocks and into the water, not that that stopped us. We continued to fight, squirming in each other's grip, stopping when we ran out of air, only to resume our fight again as soon as our lungs had been filled.

Suddenly i felt a heavy thud as someone landed on my back, pushing my further under the water, i spun trying to fight carter and the new comer off at the same time.