2 years in Italy - Part 7-9

Chapter 7

It's been two months since mine and carters, er, meeting in the dance studio. Somehow, and personally I blame beat box boy, the whole school seemed to hear it as "Carter and the new girl got kinky in the dance studio during detention". Which meant for the next month Carter got high fives off all the guys, while I got a whole lot of wolf whistle's and cat calls from the guys and dirty "you bitch!" looks from the majority of the female population.

Needless to say, Carter and beat box boy were officially on my black list.

After the first day i learnt that denial was useless. And frankly i didn't really care, what people thought of me had never been a big issue... what was a big issue however, was what my friends thought of me, and after hearing the rumours, Luke became extremely distant.

I tried talking to him, but he brushed me off, i would sit next to him in class but after the first lesson he took to sitting next to someone else so i had to find someplace else to sit.

This carried on for about a week until the guilt wore off and i got pissed. Finally i cornered him in his room one night so that he had no chance of escape and made him listen to me. By the end of the night we had established some form of rocky truce but it still took a while for the awkwardness to disappear.

He claimed that he was just disappointed and that i had turned out to be someone he didn't think i was, Elisa said differently. She claimed that he was jealous as hell. I just laughed at her for this, the thought that she was right just raised too many issues and it was easier just to ignore her and brush it off.

After my encounter with Carter and our "meeting" i had quickly learnt how to avoid him.

The day after our detention, I had gone to sit with Luke as usual, only to have Carter come up and drape his arm around my shoulder. People started to make comments about us and he just grinned urging them on. So i had slapped him and he had poured water all down my white shirt. Basically the lunch ended with our whole group covered in food and three more dance studios with very very clean mirrors.

Pushing my chair back i stood up and walked to the window. The summer breeze blew past, taking with it the smell of freshly cut grass. I inhaled deeply, closing my eyes in delight, i loved summer.

Walking to my wardrobe i pulled out my black bikinis. Slipping a loose white dress over top i walked into Elisa's room.

"Come on, get up. I'm sick of homework and i heard there's this really cute waterfall like half an hour's drive from here."

She glanced up at me and grinned.

"Mad, let's get a group together, and make a day of it"

I grinned at her and danced back to my room, picking up my phone and forwarding a text to everyone i knew.

"Entrance hall. Thirty minutes. Bring food and music. And swimmers".

Smiling i flipped my phone shut, grabbed my bad and started piling in towels, my iPod, speakers and food.

~~

An hour later i jumped out the SUV and looked around happily. We had had to follow a little dirt track for about 2km and then walk another 100 meters, but it was so worth it.

Standing before me, looking as though it had never been discovered, never before seen man, stood a waterfall. The water plashed over the rocks, sunlight glistening of the droplets that clung to the rocks and moss, before plunging into a dark pool about as big as the lunch area at school. A rock platform provided us with a place to spread out in the sun, while the guys climbed to the top of the water fall, looking for the best place to jump.