Chapter Ten: A Cinderella Story

*Chapter Ten: A Cinderella Story*

“Caleb, please watch it with me!”

“It’s a kids movie, you loser!”

“Hey, don’t trash talk A Cinderella Story! You’re the loser! We’re watching it!” He rolled his eyes, but didn’t argue. It was probably better to just let her watch the dumb movie.

“SEE? EVEN WHEN HE DOESN’T KNOW IT’S HER HE’S SO NICE!” she burst out at one point in the movie. He chuckled, pulling her in for a hug. “You’re going to get your heart broken so badly one day.” She sighed, nodding in agreement. “I know I am… But that’s future Alex’s problem. Let her worry about it.”

Just then, they heard a gasp. It was Amelia and Jace, who had just walked downstairs. “A Cinderella Story! Can we watch it with you guys?”

“Yeah, sure,” Caleb said, shrugging. Amelia pulled Jace over to the couch, sitting on the end so he was next to Alex. They both scooted as far away from each other as possible, making sure they weren’t touching. Amelia had to leave soon, and then Caleb fell asleep, which left her and Jace alone. By the time the movie was over, Alex was curled up in a ball, smiling like an idiot. Jace looked at her. “You’re aware this is a movie for kids, right?”

“Oh, shut up. Some of the best movies are for kids! God, you have the maturity level of an eleven year old boy sometimes.”

“Well you have the body of an eleven year old boy.” She glared at him, crossing her arms over her chest. Of course she didn’t look like she had curves. She was wearing Caleb’s sweatshirt and sweatpants. She got up, marching to the kitchen to get Frosted Flakes. As she was eating them, Jace walked in. “God, you’re so sensitive,” he said, rolling his eyes. “You know that I know you have a body. In fact, I’m the only one who knows that.” She took a bite of her Frosted Flakes, staring at him blankly. “Wow, not even a reaction? That’s surprising…”

“I’m taking the high road. If I ignore you, you’re not here.” He smirked. “Do you really believe that I can’t get under your skin?” She glared down at her Frosted Flakes, still not saying anything. She could rise above it, she knew she could. She would not fight with him! Suddenly, she felt a cold hand on her bare waist. She gasped, spinning around and slapping his hand away. “Don’t you dare touch me! You have a girlfriend, remember? If you’re so horny then go touch her!”

He chuckled. “Knew I could make you mad…” She huffed. “You’re a bastard, you know that?”

“Ooh, I’m so hurt,” he said, taking a step closer to her. She was already backed against the counter. “You’re an overly cocky, self-absorbed, ass who thinks that just because you’re attractive, everyone loves you!”

“So you think I’m attractive?”

“Of course that’s the only part of that you hear! Ugh, I swear…” And she looked up at him. His dark messy hair was pushed off to the side instead of down in the middle, his bright blue eyes twinkling with mischief, and his trademark smirk on his face, revealing a dimple in his left cheek. She couldn’t help herself. She stood up on her tiptoes, pressing her lips to his. He smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist. That was when she realized, he was waiting for her to kiss him. He wanted her to start it this time, so he knew that she wanted him just like he wanted her.

 And she didn’t mind one bit.

My Complicated LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara