Chapter Twenty-Five: The rest of our lives

*Chapter Twenty-Five: The rest of our lives*

"You're the only person I know who's going to be late for their own graduation!" Alex exclaimed, laughing. Jace glared at her, clearly not amused.

"And whose fault is that?" he exclaimed. She laughed nervously, taking his hand in hers.

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have given my boyfriend graduation day sex. I won't make that mistake again." His eyes grew wide and he shook his head. "No!" he exclaimed "No, it's okay. I'll forgive you."

"Well, thank the lord!" she exclaimed, giggling slightly.

After school ended for Caleb and Alex, since their year went longer than Jace's, they were planning on having a road trip across the country. They didn't have everything perfectly mapped out, but they had an idea of what they were doing. Alex's dad, who she'd been living with since the divorce, was a little hesitant at first, but she'd finally convinced him to let her go. It could be her last chance to spend time with her boyfriend until he left for college.

"I'm just worried about Oscar being alone at the house with my dad when we leave for the trip," Alex said suddenly. Jace chuckled, kissing her hand. "Oh, he'll be fine. That damn cat's a fighter." Nobody had ever claimed Oscar, not that Alex cared. He was already a part of her family.

"Okay, go, go, go!" Alex yelled at Jace when they reached the school. He laughed, giving her a quick kiss before running off. When she got inside, she quickly found Caleb, who looked like he was waiting for her.

"You guys are late," he snapped, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the gym. She decided not to comment, because anything she could say would just make it worse.

When Jace got his name called, his family and Alex completely broke the "no cheering" rule. She could see his cheeks growing red in embarrassment and she grinned. He was adorable when he was embarrassed.

As soon as the ceremony was done, Jace immediately went to find his family. "God, you guys are embarrassing," he laughed when he found them. Alex grinned and walked over to him, kissing him quickly. "I'm so proud of you!" she exclaimed.

The plan for their road trip was to leave right after Jace's graduation party, which was just a few days after school ended for Caleb and Alex. "I'm so excited!" Alex exclaimed to Caleb as they set up all the cupcakes. "I know," he agreed, "Just a couple more hours and we get to go... Anywhere! We might end up in California, maybe New York, Texas, or Florida... There are a ton of possibilities." Alex grinned and nodded in agreement. She and Caleb had been talking about that trip for years; it was just recently that Jace had been added to the plan.

Just then, Alex felt arms wrap around her waist. She smiled, looking down at Jace's hands. Earlier that day he had let her draw on them, so there were hearts and smiley faces and flowers all over them. They were a little bit faded but you could still see them clearly. "Hey, babe," she said, turning around to face him. Caleb scoffed at the happy couple and walked away.

"So, only a few more hours and we get to leave..." Jace said, smiling smugly at Alex. She laughed, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I know! I didn't think this would ever come... This summer is going to be amazing..."

"The rest of our lives are going to be amazing..."

...

So... This is about the end. I'm writing an epilogue but I really don't have any other ideas for this anymore. Thanks for reading this and sticking with it until the end, which I know was very cheesy. Um... Bye!