Chapter Three

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW :) PLEASE OR VOTE!!!!

CHAPTER #3- LILY

            Finally the weekend had arrived; I was done with school already. I pulled the covers off of me and went into the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I took a good look at myself. Seriously what did Luke and Wes find so attractive about me. My layered blond hair fell at the bottom of my rib cage. My blue eyes were bright and much more excited looking than usual. I was fortunate to have a small nose, big eyes, and plump lips but I mean come on, Kate was prettier than me.

I sighed and ran a brush through my hair. When I finished my phone on my nightstand was ringing. It was my dad. I answered.

“Dad, I miss you.” I smiled.

“I miss you too Lilypad. I was just calling to remind you about our Labor day early dinner at two at Tara’s. I’ll pick you up at home, okay?” I could hear his excitement through the phone. I rarely saw my dad, maybe only twice or three times a year. He lived a few hours south of Bentley on the border of Georgia and Florida. After him and my mom got divorced when I was four he remarried shortly after the paperwork was signed and moved in with Margret, a psychologist. 

I liked Margret. She was smart and educated and actually liked what she did. My parents made me go to a shrink after the divorce who ended up telling me that if I didn’t stop crying she’d give me something to cry about. Margret was different. She liked her patients and helping people and as soon as my dad introduced her to me we had a good connection. She liked me too she said, because I kept up a conversation with her when most teenagers would answer with one word.

“Okay. I’ll see you then. Love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.” He hung up.

I went downstairs after talking to him and found my mother slaving over her famous deviled eggs. Her blond hair was back in a lose ponytail and she had her Kiss the Cook apron on. “Hey sweetie! Are you ready for today?” She smiled.

I kissed her cheek. “Hey mom, so dad’s picking me up around one thirty because dinner is at two and I’ll be back around four for dinner at five here. Is that okay?”

“Oh yeah sure it’ll be nice to see your father. For you I mean.” She laughed.

“Alright then, well it’s twelve now so I should get ready to go.”

“Of course, I hung up your dress in your closet so it should be there.”

For Labor Day there was a certain outfit that I wore every single year, a white strapless sun dress with silver sandals. My hair was always worn straight with minimal makeup or Grams would comment about it. Oh how I love old southern women.

After getting dress and examining how good I looked my dad arrived right on time. As soon as the front door opened I ran and jumped into his arms. “Dad, you’re here!” He caught me without missing a step and I stayed in his arms for a minute more.

“Hey Lilypad, it’s good to see you.” He put me down and gave my mother a kiss on the cheek. She blushed.

It was weird seeing my parents together. They were the best looking people I’d ever seen for their age and they looked like they should be together. But my dad decided to have a midlife crisis when I was three which meant buying a motorcycle and finding the second prettiest woman in Georgia and getting a room with her. This abruptly ended their ten year marriage. My mom though was still obviously in love with my dad which made things extremely awkward for me, especially since she kept his last name.

“Hello Marshall. It’s nice to see you.”

“The pleasure is mine Lauren. Well we should get going or Grams is going to get loud. I’ll have her home at four.” My dad smiled.