Chapter 6

First off thanks for reading! first one to comment i will fan and vote for immediately, thats a promise i can keep! Im sorry for the late update but i hope you enjoy.

CHAPTER 6

WES

            How I made it to Kate’s party dressed in a light blue dress shirt and black pants, I have no idea, but I was there. Kate opened the door for me a few minutes after knocking and I could smell the weed from her front door. “Thanks for coming!” She squeaked, obviously already tipsy.

“Sure thing.” I gave her a tight smile.

“Lily’s in the kitchen if you’re wondering and Luke’s not coming tonight because of some national honors society meeting.” Kate winked and opened the door wider. I followed her through the huge house until we got to a big family room where there was no furniture and people from my school crowded the dance floor. “I think you can find your way from here.” She kissed my cheek and let some nasty junior sweep her onto the dance floor.

I made my way along the side of the crowd and through a wide open door on the left. The room smelled like cookies and I saw Lily there, in an apron, taking a cookie sheet out of the oven. “What are you doing? I didn’t know you were making the food for tonight or I would’ve eaten before I got here.” I smirked.

Lily rolled her eyes. “I’m not, just these because Kate asked me too. I’m famous for my homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.” She paused, grabbing a cooled cookie and tossed it to me. “Try one, you won’t regret it.”

“You didn’t poison this right?” I joked.

Lily threw her apron on the counter and I noticed her small dress that sparkled with every movement. “Now why would I do that?” She smiled tightly.

I stepped towards her so that her face was right below mine and took a bite of it. It immediately melted in my mouth and I ate the entire thing in one gulp. “Mmmm.” I tilted my head in towards her and she reached up to meet me. Her lips were centimeters from mine so I opened my mouth and spit out the cookie pieces that I hadn’t swallowed. She screamed and stepped back.

“You nasty little-!” She yelled and wiped her lips. But it was a game now and she was smiling playfully.

I laughed and ruffled one hand absentmindedly through my hair. “See you around the party Lilypad.” She glared at me with those bright blue eyes and I left the room, still laughing.

Hours passed and I had done nothing but stood along the side talking to no one and watching girls dance. Most were girls I didn’t know but some I recognized like Ari. She was up against someone short and young and I laughed bitterly to myself.

Something in the corner caught my eye and it was Lily, standing and watching the same view. She caught my gaze and walked over to me. “How’s it going?” She asked, leaning against the same wall as me.

“I’m bored.” I answered flatly.

“Me too.” She agreed.

“Then why don’t you leave?” I asked turning toward her.

“I haven’t even danced yet! I’m not a party pooper.” She huffed and crossed her long, tan arms across her chest.

I held out my hand for her to take. I doubted she would dance with me but it was better than standing alone. “Come on, I’ll dance with you.” I rolled my eyes.

She eyed me up. “No funny business.” Lily pointed her pointer finger at me.

“I won’t, I promise. Why would I anyways, your boyfriend is not even here to make jealous.” Her eyes turned dark when I said that she looked angry. I had a feeling that she was going to make me pay. She took my hand and led me through the crows until we were lost in the sea of people.