Chapter Seven

its a filler chapter but i promised it'd be up so yeah :) enjoyyyy

CHAPTER 7

LILY

            My head was pounding and the Advil I had taken earlier wasn’t helping at all. I sat downstairs at the kitchen counter eating oatmeal that I had made myself. I was soggy and unappetizing. My phone on my right wrung and I answered it:

            “Lily! I miss you dear!” My mom said. I could hear her smile through the phone.

            “Me too mom, when are you coming home?” I asked.

            “Well Grams is doing worse dear and I just can’t leave her side right-.” She paused. “Yes doctor I understand, no cell phones in here.” She paused for a second, mumbling something to someone else. Then, back to me she said in a rushed voice, “I need to go dear. I will call you tonight to check up on you. Love you.”

            She hung up before I had a chance to answer. I sighed and put my fingers to my temple as if to massage the headache away. As drunk as I was I knew what happened last night. I went to a party, drank, Wes brought me home and then left me to fend for myself overnight. I wanted to cry and I didn’t even know why.

            For some reason I wanted him here with me. I needed him with me. I called him but he didn’t answer. I went upstairs without my phone and into my room to sleep away this pain from my hangover.

WES

            She was asleep when I went into her room. She really needed to learn how to lock her door. I got the call from Lily and decided to come over to see if she was feeling better. She looked beautiful sleeping there. I thought of so many pranks I could right now. I smiled to myself and bent my head down and blew in her ear.

            Her eyes opened and she was in a panic. I laughed. “You idiot!” And then she lunged at me. We fell to the floor and she was over top of me.

            I could see all her feelings in her blue eyes. I wouldn’t let her get to me first. I would use her own tricks against her, afraid of being used again. I put my lips on hers and kissed her with everything I had in me. She pushed off of me and stood up, wiping her lips. “I was not expecting that.” She laughed nervously.

            “I thought you were going to kiss me.” I stood up and stood at an awkward distance away from her.

            “I was going to slap you.” Lily looked down. A blush rose on her cheeks.

            But I realized now that I kissed her because I wanted to. I liked this girl, why? She was nothing but gorgeous and obnoxious. She obviously didn’t feel the same way, she loved Luke but that wasn’t going to stop me. I wanted her, I needed Lily.

            I rushed toward her and pushed her back onto the bed so that we were both leaning against it. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her, feeling her plump lips against mine. She tasted like oatmeal cookies and I smiled against her lips. I spun her around and pulled her on the bed with me. Let’s see who was the better kisser now, me or Luke? I knew it was me. Lily wasn’t kissing me back, it was if she was letting me get all of my feelings out and then they wouldn’t be hidden anymore.

            I let go and saw the look on Lily’s face. She was surprised and indecisive. I went to leave but she grabbed my hand and kissed me back. It was sweet and I couldn’t even think. It was hard to believe that in one way I was kissing Luke. She ran her fingers under my shirt and I wanted to do the same but I didn’t want anything to go too far. I could feel all the passion between us when our lips connected and a felt a smile playing on her mouth against mine. Everything was better than I had ever imagined.