Chapter 14

"Mack, wake up." I blinked my eyes open with a gasp as sweat ran down my face.

"What? Where am I?" I asked confused as Alfie looked at me.

"You were moving around in your sleep for most of the night." Alfie said worriedly and I shrugged.

"It was just an exciting dream." I whispered walking down the steps.

"Oh, okay. Tell me if you need anything." he called after me as I walked down the hall his name still in my head.

"Finn?" I called knocking on Finn's open door.

"Yeah, what do you need?" Finn asked looking up from his laptop over at me.

"Can I use your computer?" I asked him and he nodded patting the spot on his bed next to him.

"Of course." he said and I sat down next to him.

"Thanks, Finn." I said smiling as I grabbed the computer going to the Google search bar.

"What are you looking for?" Finn asked me looking over my shoulder.

"You'll see." I muttered as I typed in his name.

"Mack, I don't know if this is a good idea." Finn said but I ignored him as I stared at Matt's twitter.

"Who is he?" I asked confused and Finn looked at me.

"Mack, he's your brother and he also died 7 years ago when you were 7." Finn said as he swallowed nervously.

"Yeah, well how come I don't remember him?" I growled at Finn as I looked to see who Finn was following. I gasped covering my mouth with my hands.

"Mack-" Finn started but I cut him off.

"He was friends with them?" I whispered.

"Very close friends." Finn whispered.

"Wh-why?" I stuttered.

"Nobody really knows why they were all friends. He was only 13 and was the closest with Beau. They honestly don't know how he died. One day he was hanging out with Beau and the next day he was found dead." Finn said and I watched him swallow.

"Were you friends with him?" I asked and Finn laughed.

"No, your brother didn't talk to me. He was friends with Alfie until they came into town and made this little gang with your brother." Finn said and I stared at his last tweet reading the words over and over again.

"'Getting together with the boys, gonna mess some stuff up.'" I read aloud. "But he didn't say stuff." I said and Finn smirked at me.

"I bet he didn't." he said wrapping an arm around me.

"Wait, if his last tweet was that he was with the boys, does that mean what I think it does?" I said looking at Finn.

"Continue." Finn said crossing his arms across his chest.

"What if Beau, Jai, and Luke killed Matt?" I asked and Finn shook his head.

"Beau was only 13 and Jai and Luke were only 11. They couldn't have killed him at that age." Finn said looking at me.

"Have you seen what they are capable of?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I guess you are right."He said and I ran my hands through my hair. 

"Then who would want to kill him?" I wondered and Finn looked at me.

"The library. They have all old newspapers. We can find his obituary and read about what happened." Finn said and I smirked at him.