Chapter 13

Marie's POV

I got on my tippy toes grabbing the tiny glass figure on his shelf. I grabbed it getting off of the chair as I ran to Jai's bed sitting down as I held the snow globe in my hands. Jai was written on the bottom and in the snow globe in gray lettering. I shook the snow globe as I watched the white 'snow' fall down to the bottom. I set it down on his end table running over to the door. I opened the door and ran out. I ran over to the door and opened it running outside.

Don't do it! They are already angry with Mack for escaping.

I ignored my thoughts and stepped outside into the afternoon light. I walked to the side of the house as I looked for Mack's footprints. I followed the footprints and stopped as they turned into car tracks. I followed the faint car tracks focusing very intently. I looked up as I saw a house. I gasped as I saw Beau and a bunch of other boys all fighting. I ran over to Beau's car and hide behind it as I looked for Mack. I snuck into the house searching for Mack.

"Where are you, Mack." I said running up the steps in search for Mack. I looked in each room finding no sign that Mack was even here. I let out a sigh and I walked downstairs. I heard the door close and my eyes widened,

Crap.

"I can't believe you told her to run." one of the boys growled as he wiped blood away from his nose.

"What else did you want me to do? Let them shoot her?" Another boy growled as he wiped blood off of his eyebrow.

"No, take her with you and run." another boy said and i tried to go down the steps silently but the steps creaked under me getting the attention of the boys who looked at me.

"Hi." one of them said waving at me as they took a step forward. I let out a shriek running back up the steps. I ran into a room closing the door behind me as I hid behind the bed. I heard footsteps running up the steps and the door opened and closed as one boy walked in.

"Hey, what's your name?" he asked gently crouching in front of me.

"Marie." I said quietly.

"I'm Alfie." he said gently.

"D-Do you have any r-rules? B-Because I was t-told I b-break the r-rules." I asked quietly and he looked at me confused.

"Who said that you break rules?" Alfie asked me.

"Jai and I saw you with them." I said and I looked down at me feet.

"No, we aren't like them, okay?" he said and I nodded as he hugged me tightly.

"Do you know where my sister is?" I asked and Alfie pulled away looking at me.

"Mack's your sister?" he asked shocked.

"Yes, they forgot to lock the door so I came looking for her." I said and Alfie stood up grabbing my hand as he led me down the steps to three anxious boys waiting for him.

"This is Mack's little sister." he said and I looked up at the boys.

"How old are you?" one of the boys asked me.

"I am 7." I said and they all gasped shaking their heads.

"Any others?" Alfie asked me and I nodded.

"There is my older sister Mariah and my little brother Max, he's three and she's 18. Then there are like five other girls there as well." I said and Alfie shook his head.

"That's sick." one of the boys said.

"And Jai has his own rules and punishments. If you get called into his room you are basically just going to die. That's why Mack and I got out." I said.