Of Captains and Rebels

I now realize that the title makes no sense. This chapter is literally one scene and could been seen as an epilogue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through the silence of lights out on the Ghost, two heart monitors beeped in sync.

Ezra and Kanan laid in a cot each, both with too much on their minds to sleep.

The rest of the crew had left them be hours ago after treating their own wounds; giving the Master and Padawan much needed space.

So there they lay, staring at the ceiling in the dark. Each waiting for the other to say something.

Ezra was first to break the silence, "I meant it..."

"Hm?" Kanan answered before he turned to look at Ezra, awkwardly twisting from his position laying on his stomach.

"That I'm glad you're not dead. I meant it." Ezra said before he looked away.

Kanan smiled, "I'm glad you're not dead either, kid." Kanan looked down at his own cot, "You really had us- you really had me - worried that we were going to lose you."

Ezra remained silent as Kanan continued, "Please, Ezra." He looked Ezra in the eyes, "Don't ever scare me like that again."

Ezra chuckled as his eyes flickered to the ceiling, "You know I can't promise you that Kanan. Especially not in this line of work. Especially when I feel the exact same with you." Ezra reconnected his eyes to Kanan's, "I thought you were dead."

Ezra buried his face in his pillow in an attempt to hide his welling tears.

"Kid..." Kanan began, rising from his cot to comfort his Padawan.

Ezra pulled away, tears leaking down his face, "No, Kanan. You were dead. You had died. What was I supposed to think? What was I supposed to do?" He chocked up, "You were gone."

Ezra then spoke quietly, "I can't lose you." And then softly he made a promise, "I won't lose you."

And his eyes flashed red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is where I'm going to end the series.
Yeah, I know. Also red eyes because that's the color I thought they turned at the end of season two.

Let me know if I should write a sequel or not!

I'm going to add another chapter with a list of chapter names for missing scenes from this story. Let me know if I should write them or not. If I do, I'll eventually add them into this story itself when I edit it.

I'd love to hear your feedback!

First story I've actually completed! (YAS!)

Live and love PINEAPPLES!!!XDXP