Of Captives and Rescues

Ezra is... snarky? I don't know, but he's something in this chapter. Sorry if it's only OOC.
Italics are mainly for thoughts.
I can't remember where I had Ezra injured, but here he is injured on his leg. Maybe he hurt it when he fell? That's what I'm going with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time Ezra woke it was with a sense of immense dread.

He peeled his eyes open, blinking blearily at the ceiling and wondering where the Bantha that hit him was.

Once he gathered his baring, that's when he noticed the silence. Not even the whirl of Choppers' charging station.

Had he gone deaf?

He strained to hear sound before he realized he was being stupid and knocked on the metal of the cot. Then the wall. Then he coughed.

Nope. Not deaf.

Slowly sitting up, Ezra tried to find the source of the silence.

The crew hadn't come in yet.
Maybe they've gone out?
No, they would've left a note.

Taken?
Then why am I still here?

Why don't I go find them and ask them.
I will... Right after I stop having a one-person conversation.

Ezra planted his feet on the ground, one hand on the cot to keep him steady for the lift.

He counts to three in his head before hoisting himself off of the cot before stumbling forward into the chair next to the bed.

"Well alright then," Ezra spoke into the chair cushion before attempting to stand, this time being successful.

He makes his way out of the Medbay and down the hall, opening doors as he walked by, briefly checking for any signs of life... or droid, in Choppers' case.

Seeing no one he doubled back, grabbing his worn backpack and lightsaber. Stuffing his backpack with tools he might need and hiding his lightsaber out of view.

Grabbing a med kit on his way off of the Ghost (which he deeeeffinetly remember to lock, Hera, who do you take him for?) and redressing his wounds as he walked to Capital City, and hopefully, his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How did you find us?" His interrogator bellowed.

Kanan said nothing, taking the lashes as they came but refusing to give in.

"Who knew about us?"

Nothing.
More lashes.

"Answer me!"

This time a shock. Kanan couldn't help but cry out in pain.

"Fine, you won't answer to me?" The man stated more than asked before turning to the corner, "Bring out the poison."

Kanan chuckled, "You think that'll get you to talk?"

"No," Hera was shoved to the ground in front of him, "But this might."

Kanan watched as the man moved toward Hera with a vile. He yanked against the chains, willing them to snap.