enTrY sIxTEeN

Later that day, around six PM, I ordered delivery from one of the pizza places in town. It was there quickly, brought up by an android model that was extremely outdated. Maybe even four decades or so; from the 20's.
We all sat on the couch in my living room. I could tell that they were pretty disgusted by the springy old mattress in my bedroom, so I told them how there was another room that still had one of the original beds down the hall. The same room with the working toilet.
"Why don't you live there? It's far more practical, Daniel." My father's words were as icy as his gaze.
I swallowed a bite of crust and glanced at the bathroom.
"This place...it just feels more like my home."
After we finished eating, I put the remainder of the pizza in the fridge and bid them goodnight. But, as I opened my door for them, my father simply closed it.
"I want to see it."
I blinked, my eyes shifting downward to make contact with my dad.
"What?"
"This machine that Pj told us of," he crossed his arms, "it must be quite the piece of technology."
"Oh, no, that's alright," I said with a forced smile, "you don't..."
I felt Phil's hands hold tight to mine. As if he wanted to be seen.
I swallowed. "Why not?" I stepped away from the door and took a deep breath, leading them to the bathroom.
The three of us stepped inside and I shut the door.
"Phil," I said, "you have visitors."
"Wait," I heard my father say, "what did you call it?"
The screen came to life and Phil's face was there, grinning. His red and yellow eyes glared straight at my father as he laughed that horrible, yet wonderful laugh.
"HeLLo dOctOr hoWeLL. yOuR sOn iS a lOvEly boY."
I glanced at my dad in confusion. His eyes were wide with terror and his mouth open.
"Honey," he gripped my mother's wrist, "we're going to bed. We'll leave first thing in the morning."
They practically ran from the bathroom and I chased after them.
"Dad," I pleaded, "Dad, I don't see what your problem-"
"Listen to me, son." His eyes were daggers into my soul. "Get rid of that monster. You don't know what he's capable of."
"I love him dad!" I burst, almost scaring myself.
"Don't you ever say that again!" He shot back. He slapped be across the face and my mother gasped.
I lifted my hand to my cheek and watched incredulously as my parents left the room.
I didn't even say goodnight to Phil before I went to bed.

***
"Dan, what have you done?"
Someone was screaming.
"Dan, stop!"
Stop what?
"999, come quick!"
My address. Why was someone screaming my address.
I awoke, and instantly realized that I was not in control.
I looked down and wanted to scream.
I...no. It wasn't me. It was Phil.
Phil, kneeling down on the carpet of a bedroom that wasn't my own, had a knife gripped in my hands. My hands.
And they were covered in blood as he repeatedly stabbed into my father's chest. His face, his stomach.
Phil, I cried out in my mind, Phil stop, dammit! Stoppit!
"You can take over Dan," he whispered with my lips, "you had better run from here."
No! I screamed, before I felt my thoughts pushed to the front of my mind.
My clothes changed back to normal, and I smelt the stench of iron and felt the stickiness.
"Mum," I sputtered. There was even blood on my mouth. Oh god, oh god.
"Get away!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face. "You are not my son!"
I got up, sobbing. My throat was clogged and I was choking blood onto the carpet as I ran from the room. Down the stairs, out the apartment.
Every step I took, I felt hands on me. I swatted them away, screaming and cursing.
I needed PJ.
I needed PJ and Chris.
And as I fled from the apartment to find them, I felt the red and blue of police lights reflecting off of my bloody skin.

A/N: header art belongs to Queen Maddox.