Chapter 29

Y/N's POV

It's been an hour since Bill's light show. He finally stopped mumbling after 20 minutes which was around the time the storm stopped as well. If that isn't proof enough that he is telling the truth, I don't know what is. I'm going to believe him, hopefully I don't regret it. I've been playing with his hair for about ten minutes now with my eyes resting. That is, until Bill started moving. My eyes shoot open as I hear Bill start to cough; he sits up and rubs his head. He immediately stops when he sees me, "S-Star, what are you-"

"I'm trusting you so don't make any mistakes that will make me regret it."

He nods his head slowly with a small smile. He grabs my hand and rubs my wrist with his thumb, "Sorry I yelled at you...and hurt you." He looks up at me and his smile fades away, "I just wanted you to know the truth." I lean my head on his shoulder and he instantly starts to stroke my hair.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, I'm fine. Just, promise me you'll stop lying to me and tell the truth, can you do that?"

He slowly nods his head and kisses my forehead. I sit up and I just look at him while I stay silent. I take a deep breath and ask, "S-So, there's someone out there trying to kill me?"

"Not for long." He says sternly.

"How do you know?"

"Because you have me, I thought I could do this by myself but now that you know we can work together."

He grabs both of my hands and stares at me with his bright golden eye, "I promise, Y/n, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you ever again." He comes closer to me and soon our lips crash into each other just for a short amount of time. I kiss back and to me it felt longer than it originally was. We release and I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head into his shoulder. He hugs back and doesn't plan on letting me go and neither do I. Our breathing is in sync and we just sit there on the forest floor not letting each other go. That is, until Bill starts whispering in my ear,

"Sixer and the rest of the Pines are starting to worry; you should probably head back home."

I nod my head, finally releasing from the hug; he lifts my chin and smiles at me, "I'll come back later to check up on you."

"Okay, Bill."

He kisses me one last time before helping me up saying, "I love you, you know that."

"I do." I say laughing.

"Star, I really am sorry for lying to you. I hate making you upset and I would never intentionally hurt you."

I give a small smile, "I believe you, I told you that I'm trusting you and I was not lying about that. I'll see you later, Bill, please try to take it easy. I don't want to see you passed out in another parking lot."

Bill snickers before giving me a slight wave and turning around. I start to head to the shack with Bill walking the opposite direction. His words ringed in my head, him saying he loved me and would keep me safe. I'm going to trust him, I just really hope nothing happens that I have to lose his trust once again.

Narrator's POV

You were lost in thought as you continued to walk back to the shack. You were creating theories on who would want to kill you; what would you have ever done to them that they would want you dead anyways? You had been lost in thought till you bumped into someone who was running.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" you panically ask the stranger.

The strange man stands up and brushes himself off, "I'm fine, don't stress about it." He helps you up as you awkwardly laugh.

You couldn't see his face but it was obvious he had a black hoodie on with a red dragon on the front. His hair was pitch black and he had black jeans on with black sneakers. He could've been at least 18 years old if not older.

"Why is a young lady like you doing out in these woods so early?"

You look down to see that you were still in your pajamas which made you embarrassed, "Oh you know, just an early morning stroll. What about you, stranger?"

"The name's Locke, Hunter Locke, and same as you, just a stroll. Do you need any help getting home? These woods can be awfully dangerous."

"I think I can handle it; my name is
Y/n, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I have to go. Goodbye, Y/n."

You say goodbye to Hunter before continuing your walk to the shack. You were kind of bewildered to find someone else out so early in these woods, especially because you've never seen Hunter before. You shake off the feeling and just focus on staying awake long enough that you can make it back to your bed. Hunter had gone much deeper into the woods with an annoyed and disgusted look. He continued his walk until he reached a dark part of the woods where nothing grew and no light was able to enter. This is what he considered home. "Gremoloblin!" Hunter shouted into the darkness.

The terrified creature woke up and tried to run but couldn't because of the blue chains wrapped around his arms, legs, and neck. The once most feared beast in the woods was now the one captive and trembling under a man. He had wounds and bruises all over his body, dried blood stained onto his face; it would take ages for him to heal and that was if the boy didn't decide to give him anymore pain. Hunter threw a dead bird at it which it swallowed in one bite. The creature couldn't remember the last time he had ate, he couldn't remember the last time he saw the light of day. Couldn't remember the last time he had freedom.

"Now, show me her greatest fear or I'll kill you."

The creature didn't have to be told twice for his eyes glow green with Hunter's glowing the same. Hunter's face only grew more angry at what he saw. He lifted his hand and punched the creature which sent him collapsing from how weak he was. The Gremoloblin whimpered but Hunter paid no attention towards it's crying, he was too busy thinking about what he saw.

"What do you mean he still isn't her greatest fear?!" He slammed his fist into a nearby tree that made a hole in the bark to see the hollowness inside.  The Gremoloblin hid behind a close tree near him, too afraid that he would be the next thing that Hunter hit. He only showed the man what he wanted, he only did as he was told but he couldn't change someone's fear only show it. Hunter cleared his throat and took off his hood for his red eyes to be revealed.

"No matter, I'll soon fix this." Hunter Locke states as a small ball of fire dances around his fingers, "Bill Cipher won't know what hit him."

12-9-21-13-19'5 4-16-19 10-23-11-19

22-6-19-23-13-15-10-17 4-16-19 12-23-1 15-5 11-25 17-11-23-19

15 16-23-2-19 5-19-21-6-19-4-5 16-15-20-20-19-10 18-6-9-11
23-12-12

22-3-4 5-9-9-10 1-15-12-12
6-19-2-19-23-12 4-16-19-11
1-16-19-10 4-16-15-5 4-9-1-10
18-23-12-12-5