Chapter 20

Y/N's POV

"Y/N!" Mabel screams as I jolt up awake.

I rub my eyes while yawning, "Mornin Mabes." I look behind me to see Bill fighting the urge to wake up.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Slept pretty good."

"So, how exactly did you end up sleeping next to Simon, huh?" Mabel says while starting to poke me. My cheeks start to heat up as Bill's eye shoots wide open. "H-How did I end up here? Funny story actually, Simon was having trouble sleeping and I had to help comfort him to sleep. Guess I must've fallen asleep while doing that, heh."

I mentally face palm myself, that was the worst explanation ever!

"Okay, if you say so~" Mabel answers back but it sounds too cheery meaning that she is probably going to try and get answers later.

I try to stand up but I can't because Bill's arms are still hugging onto me keeping me close to him. "Uh, Simon? Can you let go?" He seems to have a thinking face on before laughing, "Nope!" He hugs onto me tighter as I fall back down with my head on his chest again.

"Seriously?! Come on, I don't want to catch whatever you have! You have to let me go!"

Bill continues to laugh as I continue to struggle out of his grasp. I eventually stop and take in the fact that I am his prisoner of his warm embrace. I see a bright flash that blinds me for a second. I can't exactly see but I'm able to hear Mabel yell, "Scrapbookatunity! This one's a keeper!"

"Wait, Mabel! Gah, let go of me Simon!"

I hear both Dipper and Bill laughing. Honestly, Dipper has been getting along with "Simon" very well and making sure he's been okay with this fever. I'm curious to know if Dipper would still act the same if he knew it was Bill...nah. "So, how are you feeling, Simon? Any better than yesterday?" Dipper asks as my vision comes back and I see him hop off his bed. "Oh peachy, just wishing to die any moment now." was Bill's answer. He sounded absolutely miserable as he started to have another coughing fit.

"I know what will cheer you up! Let's go get some breakfast, race ya!" Mabel cheers before running out. She almost reached the doorway until she trips over my bag and something falls out. Something Dipper thought was long gone and was nothing but the remaining of its ashes. Something Bill thought would have already been found by the man with six fingers. Something that really wasn't that important to Mabel but she encouraged Dipper with it anyways.

Dipper slowly walked over, picked it up as gently as he could afraid that with just a single touch it would break a part. He touched the cover and brushed his fingers across the golden hand with six fingers. He opened it up and just flipped through the pages to see old entries and the new ones that he and his sister had made one summer. He was stunned and in total shock. Bill's eye glanced back at me and I knew why for he just realized why I had brought up the question during last night's dream.

"Is this-"

"Yeah, Dip, it's the journal."

"B-But how did you find it?"

"It was in the exact same spot where I hurt my leg, the same night Ford found me. It was just buried in the dirt."  Dipper could not move, he finally turned to me and grabbed my wrist, "We have to show Grunkle Ford!"

Ford's POV

"GRUNKLE FORD!!" I nearly spit out my coffee when I hear my niece and nephew scream out my name.

I watch as Dipper, Mabel, Y/n, and Simon all enter the kitchen. Stanley had already told me what happened to Simon and that they would be having a sleepover. Dipper shoves Y/n in front of me who looks a bit shy. "Y/n has something really important to show you!" Dipper yells. I totally forgot that Y/n wanted to show me something! She must hate me right now, I didn't mean to forget. I guess I've just been afraid to hurt her emotionally again that I've been avoiding her. "Well, go on, what is it you want to show me?"