Chapter Three

Author's note: Finally the next chapter! Woot! The picture to your right is the outfit she wears during the fellowship. Ignore the chick wearing the clothes though... ^~^ .. Again I don't own the picture.

NOTE! The Elvish Phrases I use are from a site of greycompany... it has come to my attention that the Elvish is a mix of the types languages of the Elvish. I'm not trying to sound lazy, but I am sticking to that site... It does have useful information that betters from other sites I have looked at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Three~

The Gathering of the Fellowship

After a few hours in the House of Elrond, Medlinya had bathed and found herself resting in her own room, sleeping her aches away. The over-exhaustion caused to her to sleep the whole day away into a new rising sun. Her sapphire blue eyes fluttered open to the beautiful sight of being in a safe bedroom. The gleam of light trickled through the white satin curtains beside her bed, brightening her smile. Sitting up, she swept her fingers over her soft, newly cleaned almond brown hair. She did miss not having the hood of her cloak covering her face at all times, but she felt that she would be comfortable to do so.

Quickly, the elf hopped out of bed in her silky white night gown. Her eyes gazed around the room to a pile of clothes, a ranger type outfit neatly folded on the corner of her bed with a note on top. Carefully, she picked up the note and read,

Medlinya,

When you have rested go to into the courtyard. My father has been patiently waiting to speak with you.

~ Arwen

P.S. Instead of wearing a beautiful dress that no one would see under a cloak, I brought you the finest Elven Ranger materials to wear instead.

Medlinya smiled and chuckled. She wasn't surprised that even how Arwen and her had barely met, that the young elf would know to how Medlinya is. Elves are known to be very sharp about the needs of others and were aware of personality differences in each being right away. Quickly, Medlinya dressed herself with the ranger garb. Her cloak, the last article of clothing under the pile of the gifted clothing, was freshly cleaned and stitched up like brand new. Swiftly, she flung the cloak around her, tying of the strings. With a final glance in the mirror, her hood was pulled over her face. Her twin elvish blades, also cleaned, sat on the bureau twinkling in the sun's light.

Equipping her swords to her sides, Medlinya rushed out of the room and quickly strolled down the corridor to the courtyard. Her eyes caught sight of the same man who carried Frodo into the estate talking to a familiar face. "Gandalf!" she cried out with a bright smile.

The old wizard turned to Medlinya approaching him smiling brighter than the sun. "Medlinya, I'm glad you are safe and well, old friend."

The she-elf embraced the old wizard and he returned the hug as he chuckles. When Medlinya released him, her eyes swept to the man smiling at her. His face was neither young nor old, although written across his face is a memory of many things both sad and happy. "Welcome to Rivendell, Lady Medlinya."

"Saesa omentien lle, Heruamin." [Pleasure meeting you, my Lord] Medlinya replied with a warm smile.

Quietly, Gandalf and Lord Elrond lead Medlinya into Elrond's chamber onto the balcony. Medlinya peered over the edge, seeing Frodo and Sam. The two elders watch the two hobbits for a moment. "His strength returns." Elrond commented.

"That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it for the rest of his life." Gandalf elaborated.

"And yet to have come so far still bearing the Ring... the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to it's evil." Elrond marveled.