Prologue

**NOTE: I only own the characters and their story line not tied with Tolkien's books/Jackson's trilogy of the Lord of the Rings. All other areas, characters, story line, etc is rightfully owned by Mr. Tolkien and the script is owned by filmmaker Peter Jackson and his team. ***

**Additional NOTE: The picture of that chick to the right is Gwiliweth (to the right, to the right ~ Beyonce XD I really don't get out much U.U) The picture of Medlinya will be shown in the next chapter. Both pictures are NOT owned by me but to their rightful owners. AND yes I know they are not elves, so let's use our imaginations :) ****

Without further ado, ENJOY <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*This I Promise You*

~Prologue~

The earth has changed. Beneath her small bare feet, the earth felt numb and the forest all around her were dead silent, as if life is non existent. A dark... something begun to creep into her mind. The presence was foreign yet seemed all too familiar. A darkness that held potential of incalculable, overwhelming evil. Her elongated elf ears twitched desperately searching for any sound of life as she cautiously stalked through the dense, ancient wood of Old Forest. The whispers among of the trees carried a news of the sudden evil present in the forest. The wind barely ever embraced itself through the trees if not ever, but even for how still the forest was for centuries this is the first time the she-elf was unnerved. Slowly she flickered her fingers and a whiff of wind breezed by. The lavender cloak hung heavily on her shoulders just as her thoughts were heavily weighing on her mind. The hood of her cloak pulled over her head hiding her face and hair. The only visible aspect of her in the right light was her eyes. Her sapphire blue eyes.

The lone she-elf was joined by her only companion, a half elf. The companion scanned the forest with her sincere silver eyes with a dash of blue. Her ears faintly were less pointy than Medlinya's perfectly hidden leaf shaped ears. Hiding the companion's ranger attire underneath was her baby blue cloak. Unlike the she-elf, the silver eyed elf's hood was never pulled over her head, allowing her beauty show. Her beauty was not like a allure of a goddess nor was it an attractiveness of an siren. Gwiliweth was like a vision of nature itself as a living being. What made her a great fighter was that no matter where you place her, she seemed to blend in like a picture. A natural fighter, like nature, any weapon that Gwiliweth received she would master in seconds. Her strong hand swept her long medium-auburn hair away as she turned to the hidden elf, confused and uneasy.

"Lady Medlinya, mana naa ta?" the companion asked softly in their native elvish tongue. [what is it?]

Medlinya locked her wise, sapphire blue eyes with her companion's silver irises, "Amin caela n'noa, Gwiliweth." Medlinya watched as her companion gripped the handle of her knives. [I have no idea]

The she-elf knelt down and placed her hand on the ground. There were no vibrations of anything stirring in the forest around them. No animals, no other living beings roaming the forest like they normally would. Medlinya's thoughts were disturbed by Gwiliweth kneeling down beside her.

"Medlinya, what should we do then? I have never felt s-s-such dar-darkness for all my thousand and seventy y-y-years." Gwiliweth uttered in the tongue of Westron. Her voice began to crack showing the elf of her fear which was a antithesis to her companion's spunky personality.

Medlinya considered Gwiliweth's question and began brainstorming all she could for the sake of the two. Her sapphire eyes thoughtfully examined the forest around her. Her home. Medlinya had been living in this forest most of her immortal life. This home had been sheltering her from other races and other beings for almost 2,870 years. At 30, she was only a small child but found her way to the Old Forest with the help of a certain wizard that was the only kind being who accepted her. The wizard, Gandalf the Grey told her of this forest when they were traveling to it. He explained that no one ever dared to enter this forest. Why? The trees hate strangers and at night whoever wanders into the forest would never return to the outside world. A perfect place to call home where she would never be found. The usual hostile woods seemed to adopt Medlinya into their sanctuary willingly for what they sensed in her.