Bonus Chapter- Marcus POV

(Marcus's POV)

*In Jail*

__________________

Clink. Clink.

"Rise and Shine everybody!" The guard yelled.

I groaned and sat up from my mattress. My prison cell wasn't much. More like the size of a school bathroom. On the walls, were carvings from tooth brushed or whatever else the people before me could find. Swinging my feet off the mattress, I stood up and stretched. I hated it here, but I deserve it. Grabbing my toothbrush, change of clothes and a washcloth, I waited for my cell to be opened. Samuel came and opened it, then escorted me to the washrooms. I went in and pulled off my clothes. The shower was freezing, but I needed to be clean, so I braved it. The other guys stayed away from me. I wouldn't blame them though. I look scary. At 6'5" and covered in tattoos, who wouldn't be scared of me?

Carl. Carl wouldn't. My subconscious said. I growled at it. That animal doesn't deserve to live.

Many would say the same about you after what you and Jazzy did. I slammed my fist into the wall, making a few of the others jump. SHUT UP. I Shook myself dry like a dog and carefully put my clean clothes on. Brushing my teeth, I let Samuel take me to the laundry room, where I worked. I would wash, dry and press the other inmate's clothes. This was the "Least Dangerous" Job, they told me. Whatever. Halfway through my work, Samuel walked up to me.

"You have a visitor." He said.

I frowned. "Who the hell would want to see me?"

He just shrugged and waited for me to follow him. I sat down at the table and was handcuffed to it. Then, I waited. The door opened and in walked... Ana? Why would she want to visit me? After what we did to her... Ana scraped the chair back and looked into my eyes. I opened my mouth but she cut me off and got straight to the point.

"Jazzlyn is dead."

I frowned. The witch deserved it. Why was Ana telling me this?

"I am telling you this because she was cornered by other inmates and stabbed to death. She only got through five years of her time. I don't want you to die, I want you to serve your rightful time." She said coldly.

I winced. Damn, Ana had gotten to be an ass! "And how do you suppose you will do that?"

She smiled. "I am tripling your guards. Two will be with you at ALL times."

Even when I shower? Well, that's gonna suck for them. Hope they're not gay! I started chuckling.

"What's so funny?" Ana demanded.

I stopped my laughter. "Nothing."

Ana looked at me. "You got tattoos."

Good observation! How long did it take you to figure that out? I wanted to say but settled with a nod. Ana frowned at me.

"You are an ass, ya know that?" She said.

"ME? I'M THE ASS? You are the one who is keeping me alive so that I can suffer through my sentence!" I roared.

Ana stood up and slammed her hands on the table. The door opened and some guards walked in cautiously. "You are the one who HELPED A PSYCHO KIDNAP AND TORTURE ME!"

I bit my tongue. I can't argue with that. Ana started to leave. "I hate you and hope you ROT here!" She seethed. I just glared at her back. Well, that went well. Samuel came in with two other men.

I'm guessing they're my new guards. Silently, they unlocked me and escorted me to the yard. I grabbed a basketball and started playing around. Swish. Swish. Swish. The ball made direct contact with the net every time. Soon, a whistle was blown and it was time to eat. The cook gave us sloppy mash and turkey. It was gross, but it was food. I grabbed some bread and made my way to my usual table. From here, I could observe everything. Like the inmates subtly fighting in the left corner, or the cook putting red pepper in the soup for tomorrow. Eventually, I got fed up and asked to be taken back to my cell. Once inside, I got ready for the inspection. When he was done, lights out was called and I plopped back onto my bed. I really hate it here.

___________________________