Cнapтer 24

(Ana's POV)

April 24, 2016

"When you find someone worth living for, don't let go." - ELF

_____________________

The past months have been shit if I am completely honest! I avoid him at all costs. I can't even say his name!!! My family knows something is up, but not all of it. Gigi and Emma know everything and have been super kind about it. Students are super nice to me now, even Melinda doesn't bother me. Emma punched Travis after prom and Gigi refuses to even look at THEIR table. He's gone back to having bimbos with him 24/7, and it honestly brakes my heart.

Melinda has dug her claws into his back again, and it makes me seethe. I can't believe he does what she says, I mean she makes him drink this weird protein shake EVERY day. He doesn't talk to me, and I don't talk to him. I straightened my clothes and looked into the mirror. I had a suit-dress on, I have to look professional apparently. After all, I am testifying to put Jazzy and Marcus away. Breathe in, breathe out. That's what everyone is telling me.

I'm not nervous though. I hate them for what they did, I'm not scared, nope!! I'm just furious. My bedroom door opened and Emma walked in with Gigi behind her. They were coming as well. I opened my arms and squeezed them into a deep hug. Lucas walked in behind them, or should I say, Louis. It turns out, that Lucas was actual Louis Augustus. Yeah, big shock for all of us!!!! I hugged him and he spun me around, making me giggle.

"You ready Ana?" He asked. I looked into his calm blue eyes and smiled.

"Let's put these bitches away." With that said, I pranced out of my room to the rest of my family. Paparazzi was already outside. Thomas and Ethan took one of my arms, and we stepped outside with our sunglasses on.

Flash. "Savanna!" Click. "Ana!!" Flash. "What are you feeling??" Click. "Are you nervous?"

I wanted to react, but I didn't. No need to encourage them. They'd find out soon enough. My family and friends all climbed into the limo we hired, and we drove down to the courthouse. I gazed at the building, feeling my heart speed up. This was it.

The district attorney, Kathrine Bouregaurd, opened the door and smiled at me reassuringly. I smiled back and was ushered inside. I soon found myself in an empty room. Why?? Apparently, I need to prepare myself.

I need no preparation. Nothing the lawyer says will harm me. They're just words. I felt my scar tingle, and I put my hand on my waist, where it is located. THEY ARE JUST WORDS. Kathrine came in with my part-time therapist, Stella. They both sat down in front of me.

"We have to prepare you for the questions they ask." Kathrine said.

I just nodded. "First question, what happened the day you were kidnapped?

The questions flew at me until Kathrine went off to the courtroom. Ten minutes passed and I was called into court. Everyone stood as I walked in, and I went up to the box. A bible was handed to me and I placed my left hand on the Bible and my right hand in the air. The clerk started, "Repeat after me. I swear that the evidence that I shall give,"

"I swear that the evidence that I shall give." I repeated.

"-shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God." He said.

"-shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God." I repeated with a strong voice.

Everyone sat down and the questioning commenced. Kathrine stepped forward. "Ms. Lars, straight to the point, what happened the day you were kidnapped?"